Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Questions about '02 allroad...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about '02 allroad...

* Will the bi-xenons from the other '02 A6 models retro fit?

* Is the warm weather package gone? I "built my own" Audi at the AudiUSA site the other day and I didn't see it. Should I be sad that it's discontinued? I live in Texas.

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I searched for "xenon" on this forum and didn't see my question addressed.

Thanks,
Old 11-27-2001, 12:07 PM
sal
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Questions about '02 allroad...

I noticed that is was missing on the Audi USA site. Look at pricing on the Edmunds site. The warm weather package is bundled as Preferred Luxury Warm Weather (2581). The Luxury package non Warm Weather is (1602).
Old 11-27-2001, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Questions about '02 allroad...

Don't know how valuble the warm weather package is- seems to be (from reading the threads) that there are a limited set of circumstances that the solar sunroof works (right temp and amount of direct sun) - may be wrong.

And if you have kids, the shades on the rear doors are just another thing for them to tear up <bg> Had an 01 ar just like the one I bought, but with warm weather, on the lot at Maund, if you want to see it. passed it up due to the shades and price of the package...
Old 11-27-2001, 12:51 PM

Default My 2cents since I live in Texas too

First sorry about you urS4.

I have a black ar and the warm weather packet works very well. I can honestly say that the interior seems to keep cooler than my previous cars with tinting (all silver). But then again, this summer was relatively mild compared to previous years. The system works even with overcast skys - It was 70 degrees and overcast just this last weekend and it was working. I love the side screens (keeps the baby shielded from direct sunlight). I don't like the rear screen as it obscures my rear view.
Old 11-27-2001, 01:35 PM

Default Thanks guys...

I'll keep my ears open about the xenons, since I probably won't be ordering for several months. Maybe somebody will have given it a try by then.

Good to hear the warm weather package is still around. If my wife is to be believed, kids are impending, so it's good to hear the benefit of the sun screens.

allroadaustin, thanks for the tip about the Maund AR, but I will probably have to order because I want the 6 speed. The slashed prices I was seeing at Maund however, was one of the reasons I gave the allroad a second look. Did you see my note below about the club? I'm not being pushy, I was just hoping you saw it.

Thanks again,
Old 11-27-2001, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

He he. Nice Seinfeld reference in your sig!
Old 11-27-2001, 06:14 PM

Default I may be incorrect but as for your Xenon inquiry...

I had read the bi-Xenon (menaing: Xenon in low AND high beam) was to be first introduced on the new A8 and later as an option for other Audi models. Hence we would not likely have this available in the U.S. until the A6 replacement comes in 2005. Again, I have no facts to support this. Just what I've read in European puplications... 8-)

Other examples of this; Telematics - been available in Europe for over a year now. Though it shows in 2002 U.S. Audi option packages it has been "delayed" to possibly 2003 for N. Am. market.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Thanks guys...

The pricing at Maund on 01's is the reason I went ahead and got the ar- great sales experience overall.

Am going to try and make the meeting Thurs at Rudy's (north, right?) if I can juggle a couple items on my calendar. If not, will be at the next one. Also going to sign up for the list-serve tonight.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:18 PM

Default Can you actually get the bi-xenon's in the US?

I always assumed (and we know what that does <bg&gt they were not available here due to DOT high-beam wattage regulations- think about how upset most other drivers get about _low_ xenons...
Old 11-27-2001, 07:03 PM

Default Hmmm, I'm not sure....

Good point - there is already a small controversy over regular Xenons.... I read an article where the NHTSB is doing "research" on them...

The irony is this; Xenon, unless TOTALLY banned in the U.S., is here to stay - It's expected to be standard issue on all cars within the next 10yrs (in Europe anyway). Mainly for the simple fact they burn cooler and last about 100x longer than filament halogen bulbs...

I had also "read" that current MB "S Class" offers the bi-Xenon as an option - I assumed it was available for U.S. Mercedes Benz... But it was the only vehicle I (thought) currently sold in the U.S. with bi-Xenon

I'm sure someone will post to verify! 8-)

Quick Reply: Questions about '02 allroad...