Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

RE earlier threads: Infinity fx 35/45 read on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE earlier threads: Infinity fx 35/45 read on...

Wanted to check this out as a possible option later on, but after checking it out, it is way too big. It does not look that huge in print or on television. A beatuful car but really chunky and beefy. Almost makes the allroad look like a mini.

Still a very interesting design.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Funny, I had just the opposite feeling when seeing one in person...

Given it's crossover-SUV classification, I had expected it to be much bigger (more like the Murano), but was surprised to see it's relatively little! This makes sense, given the 350Z chassis...

The people I was with just laughed at it. I kept trying to explain to them that it's fast! =)
Old 02-24-2003, 12:21 PM

Default Re: RE earlier threads: Infinity fx 35/45 read on...

I saw one in person for the first time this weekend. I had the same impression as you. I thought it was much bigger than the allroad, but it's actually almost identical in size. I believe its within an inch on width and length. Although it is a bit taller, I suspect this difference is minimized when the allroad is on level 4. Interestingly, despite its bigger exterior appearance, it seemed to have less interior room, particularly in the cargo area.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:49 PM

Default I really agree.

I saw one at the car show and dinked around in it. Small "SUV/ crossover, or whatever it is called, and the room inside was awful for that big of a car. It looks big for sure, rear room is minimal in my opinion and not comfortable. I liked it a lot from the photo's. Not at all now.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:05 PM

Default I was expecting alot more out of it.

My dog didnt like it much either. For the size of the car it really makes poor use of interior room, and sevely sloping hatch really cuts down on cargo room if you have rear seat passengers, it might have been acceptable if they did not jack up the rear cargo floor so that they could offer a true flat cargo are with the rear seats folded, I was holding out a little optimism for this the fx45/35 as a salvation for the Nissan/Infiniti brand since the trouble some of my extended family had with theirs in the 90's but I am happy to see that crossovers are here to stay, I say bring on the stepenwolf and the 9-3x, and advance the allroad concept not the pikes peak and magelan suv's