Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Rear Spoiler Availabilty !

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spoiler Availabilty !

Do any of you know of a company which offers a spoiler for the rear,other than Audi ? The reason I ask is I had the Audi spoiler on my 01 AR, which was installed by the dealership's body shop, it lasted about a year, before it started loosening up, I, then, had several visits to reinstall it, it continued to loosen, to the point where it was e-poxeyed on. this was an ok alternative, but still not as advertised, that it attached simply using magnets an some adhesive.
On my 04 AR V8 I'd like to find a more Quality type of a wing, so any info the membership can pass my way would be deeply appreciated.On a closing note may I add that the Audi wing did significantly reduce the amount of dust & dirt that would accumulate before its installation.
Thanks For Listening
KB

2004 allroad V8
18" Pirelli's
Old 03-27-2004, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds like it was the install and not the piece itself...

I doubt you will find a higher quality piece than the oem one. You may find something comparable but not necessarily better. I have the oem piece on my car and used an adhesive other the one supplied in the box...and trust me...my spoiler isn't going anywhere...it's VERY solid.

As an "FYI" the oem piece isn't something ultra-special from the mother-land...it comes from a local shop here in SoCal (Cerritos area) called Foam-Molders. I know this because not wanting to deal with the long lead-times some people here had discussed relative to the oem spoiler... I talked my local dealer into simply issuing a PO to the company (after my payment) and I dealt with them directly.

Other sources for spoiler are: ABT (via AMS) and LLTEK and?? although no one else to my knowledge has that nice magnet mounting system for install...those magnets make install SO much easier.