Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

so, all that stuff I said

Old 11-09-2008, 04:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so, all that stuff I said

Call me a hypocrite. I traded in my 2007 VW Fahrenheit GLI for a Green with green leather interior, sat radio, park sensors, body colored fender flares and bumpers, factory hitch, climate packaged 2005 2.7T with 30000 miles last night. I was going to buy a good used Volvo XC70 but just couldn't get the Allroad out of my head. It's a certified preowned so I've the warranty coverage for when the facory warranty expires in two weeks. I amgoing to be picking up the manual on Tuesday but I have some questions before then if you all wouldn't mind:
- when I turn the headlamps on, a light comes on in the dash. It is of two lamps facing away from each other and it is green. Is this normal or a bulb out warning?
- the hitch has a downward facing 1.25" reciever. I have the ball mount but I want to run a hitch mounted bike rack like the Thule T2. Does anyone know of an adapter? I like the factory one as it doesn't reduce any ground clearance but the mountng of a rack will be interesting.
- it's built in 11/2004. Am I going to have to worry about the bad seal int the transmission?
- this has factory skid plates, right?
- I am going to invest in a vag com cable. Other than the 402 mod, which I don't want to do, what are some convenient things I can turn on? Like windows down with the key fob or anything like that?
- where can I get a cargo cover for the back area? I have the dog barrier or whatever that thing is but I am looking for the pull out one to cover the cargo area.

Thatnks for the help and I have to say that I am extremely happy with my choice. I've always wanted an Allroad but the cost of basic repairs scared me a little. I have the factory warranty now so I'm not too worried now. I can't wait to start driving this thing up to WVa and into the woods. I'm detailing her today so I'll have pics up very soon.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default welcome to "the road" enjoy the ride and company.. :-) answers....

- when I turn the headlamps on, a light comes on in the dash. It is of two lamps facing away from each other and it is green. Is this normal or a bulb out warning?

This is the light that says your side body lights are on.

- the hitch has a downward facing 1.25" reciever. I have the ball mount but I want to run a hitch mounted bike rack like the Thule T2. Does anyone know of an adapter?

its out there.

- it's built in 11/2004. Am I going to have to worry about the bad seal int the transmission?

Just watch it and the torque converter. CPO is good. Check out a real extended with BRUCE M for after the 2 year period of CPO.

- this has factory skid plates, right?

Plastic belly pans. This is a light off road vehicle.. gravel, sand, mud, not boulder climbing.

- I am going to invest in a vag com cable. Other than the 402 mod, which I don't want to do, what are some convenient things I can turn on? Like windows down with the key fob or anything like that?

Yes, but its more of a diagnostic tool and great to have so we can help diagnose problems.

- where can I get a cargo cover for the back area? I have the dog barrier or whatever that thing is but I am looking for the pull out one to cover the cargo area.

E-bay. on ther now A6 Avant or allroad.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: so, all that stuff I said

You have a later build with the revised TC so less chance of problems.

I use the Vag to remove annoying seat belt chime, set autlock to 5mph, set lockas to all open when keyed turned off, set key fob to one push to unlock all, used vag to check for fault codes and to measure boost, etc.

Great tool
Old 11-09-2008, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default You may be able to wrangle a cargo cover out of the dealer. If it is CPO, you should have a CPO

window sticker. On the sticker, it should mention the cargo cover in the "equipment" section.

I got my CPO w/o the cargo cover and then cited the window sticker to the dealer, and they gave it to me after I called them a few times. If your dealer doesn't give you one, take it up with AoA.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: You may be able to wrangle a cargo cover out of the dealer. If it is CPO, you should have a CPO

you know, I never thought of that. I'll go and check the window sticker to see what it says. If it says tonneau/ cargo cover on it, I'll see if they can get me one. The other thing is this, I live in Virginia and the car was bought in Maryland. Maryland requires no front plate so the bumper has a plate filled the size of a euro plate which has no holes at all. I have a euro plate that I ran on my GLI for the Audi dealer in Dublin and I want to run that on this car. Does that panel pop off allowing me to mount a plate?

I'm also get a vibration in the steering wheel when cruising above 45 so I'm going to get an alignment and rebalance of the wheels done and I'm hoping that that solves it.

One other question, I put the suspension up to it's highest level today in order to get her into a better spot for picture taking. In that level I had to do a u turn so I had the wheels hard left and it felt as though I was pushing the front I the car. It felt as though it was ratcheting around the front. Is this normal?
Old 11-09-2008, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A CPO'd car should come complete, listed or not in my opinion. The cover was std.

I know K2audi runs a euro, I don't know if his panel is pulled.

I would roadforce balance.

Steering when at lock, seams it would be reasonable to bind a bit, BUT I can't say for sure.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't pay for the alignment either! I had the same problem (seems like we have the same problems

with our CPOs). On something like p.5 of the CPO checklist (which the stealer should've given you) - I may not have the exact page right - there is a check box which says something to the effect that the car tracks straight.

Thus, if you have an alignment problem, that is not within CPO-spec. I took it up with AoA and got a free alignment (and replacement tie-rod ends, which were causing my problem).

If you've got some other wheel vibration issue, that should also be addressed by the CPO checklist. Read it very carefully and see which check box you can fit your problem into, and then call AoA or the dealer and demand that they fix the problem per the CPO checklist - and don't let them charge you the $50 CPO deductible!

BTW, where in VA are you? I'm in Tyson's Corner.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Don't pay for the alignment either! I had the same problem (seems like we have the same problems

Im going up there tomorrow morning to have them give me a few things, including the owners manual which will help me a lot with figuring out the features and stuff like that. While Im there, Im going to have them check the balance of the wheels and the alignment to see if that will solve the speed shake. I started buying the car around 1 and got out of there around 530- 6 so the dealership was actually closed. When I go back tomorrow, Ill get the rest of the paperwork, including the CPO paperwork as that was part of the deal- and what a great deal it was...

Im in Arlington.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Which stealership did you get it from?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Which stealership did you get it from?

Got it from Len Stoller in Owings Mills, Md. They sell Lexus, Porsche and Audi and its a pretty nice place. I think the reason why Im missing the CPO paperwork and all that is that the finance lady, my salesman, my friend and the finance lady were literally the last people there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so, all that stuff I said