Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

So what a CPO'd '01 AR 6spd worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what a CPO'd '01 AR 6spd worth?

Found one I wanna buy. Heated seats front/rear, sunroof, homelink, Xenon, Bose. No cd changer, Nav, 3rd row seats etc. Has tinted windows and clearbra. Doesn't have the twin spoke wheels, tires are so so. Car isn't perfect, some scratches in the paint and little nicks out of the rear bumper top near the hatch.

47k miles, CPO from the dealer. I haven't really gone after them price wise yet, they have it for $23,900.

I was kinda thinking about offering them $22k for it and telling them to swap the twin spokes from another used AR they have on the lot.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-02-2006, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How can it be CPO.. from what you say it would not qualify....

...due to the body.. which proves that CPO is aworthless license for dealers to falsify...
its only value is what the policy covers and pays for. It means nothing as far as the present condition of the car.

What else is wrong? You may see only body problems, but what lies under the hood?

research the car like you would a house being bought.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Paul, CPO has never included minor body work like scratches, dents, etc.. At least that was the case

with VW.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: So what a CPO'd '01 AR 6spd worth?

Sorry pretty new to this forum, what does CPO stand for?

I have also seen AoA I assume this is Audi of America
Old 01-02-2006, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Certified Pre-Owned / Audi of America )
Old 01-02-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: If you work a deal on this car or another and want twin spokes, let

me know and I would be interested in a swap. I have twin spokes and I would rather have the base wheels.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's minor little scratches and nicks that would be expected on any 5 yr old car

unless it was hermitically sealed in a bubble and only driven on perfect days...
Old 01-02-2006, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I just...

...paid $24500 for a 01 6-speed with 54k miles on it. Previous CPO car (I transfered the warranty) which expires in April 07. Mine has Bose, Conv, Premium, twin-spokes and the 3rd row seating. It was the color combo I wanted as well, so that was worth $1000 right there.

Your price sounds right on. Almost damn good I would say.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Paulroad, you seer, I am confused...

Isn't CPO something you want to protect against serious problems, like turbos and engines? Don't get the scratched paint references, etc...
Can you splain???
Old 01-03-2006, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CPO is an inspection process.. or its supposed to be. (with links)

What is underneath it is an extended warranty balced by AoA and its insurance copany. As a policy it has a value just as other good quality extended warranties do. (subject to written policy limits)

Its the CPO process that has been turned to abuse by dealers.

The original goal was to CPO and inspect the cream of the crop of trade ins, lease returnes, auction vehicles. The reality of this has been frought with cars being damaged in accidents.. CPO process violation, cars being sold with missing parts, bad tires, in need of repairs, etc.

Whate dealers found is that AoA is not supervising the process, so the dealers began to "Rubber Stamp" the CPO cars. This way they did not have to pay for the inspection process (their labor) bring it up to CPO standards (their expense beyond warranty items). The buyer would find the faults, and most would be covered by the CPO backing...but not all.

My point is that CPO is not a gurantee of a good car. Think of is asnothing more than an extended service/warranty policy and research the used car as well as you can befor you buy.

The AUDI CPO INSPECTION REPORT form is a PDF within the linked page, be sure to read it and ask for it on any CPO car.

From Audi's website:
"We inspect the body of every car just as thoroughly, looking for dings, dents, scratches and the like. Finally, we focus our efforts on the interior of the car. The instrument panel. The sound system. The sunroof or convertible top. The interior trim."<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/certified_certification/0,5779,110,00.html">Audi CPO Page from their website:</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: So what a CPO'd '01 AR 6spd worth?