Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Steering Wheel Issue - feeling stiffer

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Issue - feeling stiffer

Hey Guys,

I currently own a 2015 ALLROAD that I recently bought.... I immediately noticed that even when changing the steering feel from Comfort to Dynamic; I do not feel any differences. The steering wheel always feels stiffer as if it has some kind of resistance to it. Not much but enough to be annoying…. It no longer has a smooth feel while driving. Furthermore to this…. The faster I drive on the highway, i.e. 60 or 70 MPH, I feel a resonance into the steering wheel; it is not an off wheel balance feel; it seems like a resonance of the engine or the chassis into the steering. It hard to explain but picture this; you know when you want to pin point a noise on your running engine while listening at the other end of your screw driver; well, the resonance you feel within the screw driver is very similar to what I feel into the steering….. It is weird!

I did think it might have been the tires; they are brand new Pirelli’s P7 and when I sit in the passenger seat, I feels like we are driving on a carpet…. Nothing …. No vibration nor resonances.

Furthermore; my car is currently at the dealership; I have not yet got any response from them; but one thing if for sure; the A4 courtesy car they gave me does not have any of this issue I have; very smooth drive no resistance into the steering wheel.

Any of you guys ever had a similar issue or would have any suggestions?

Or would you know any TSB on that subject?

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-29-2018, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope, because this section deals with the first gen allroad (hint - 2001 to 2005)
best to head to the section that deals with the newer models
Old 04-04-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wasn't there a recall on the steering on the first year of so of the new Allroads? I think I'd talk to your Audi service manager and see what he says.