Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Strictly hypothetical question:

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strictly hypothetical question:

...<font color="003366"> Assuming the allroad gets a stay of execution and a second generation version is pulled off the new A6, how would you feel about air suspension being taken off the base model and made part of a special performance package?

This package would include some appearance upgrades and a specific wheel/tire package.</font>
Old 03-28-2004, 10:35 AM

I'm actually looking for feedback here folks.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:37 PM

Default I think what makes it the allroad is the suspension...why else would you get this car?

except that they don't have an A6 Avant with a 2.7T...but that was not my first reason for the car, it was the suspension and the variable driving characteristics, highway performance and mild offorad. Take that away, and you take away the character of the car. It should not be an option at all, it should be standard with the car.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ditto!
Old 03-28-2004, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't that what the ar is? If you could get a 2.7T/4.2 Avant, it would be.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default it's the combination

of the suspension and a sophisticated AWD system (Quattro). I think that all audi lovers/owners, has always wanted a car that can describe very well, what audi stands for and their personality in relation to the car. for example, My idea of a good car doesn't come from a truck but from a car that has characteristic of a truck, that I can come from an unpaved road with potholes and mud, take the freeway and head up to the mountain for ski trip to scenic road cover by snow and ice and manage to get to my destination. Now, imagine you are about to take a trip to a place where only truck are recommended due to the road condition, and all your friends on the trip owns a truck well suited for that kind adventure. At the destination, you'll feel that everyone came from an earthly machine and you flew in the star trek enterprise. That's why I love the allroad. Tall enough for bad road and low enought for higways, at the same time, fufilling all my adventurous needs.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re:Right now; I'm thinking that having owned one ar is enough,

I have had other vehs with the air bags, RRs and the ar is getting near being as much at home in the service dept as the RRs. But I'm sure it's just mine, and I like my ar, the way it drives, how it performs in the snow, it's fun. But I
Don't want another.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:27 PM

Default that would be fine with me

I want a turbo quattro wagon of A6 size. Ground clearance is not a concern, but the added complexity of the air suspension is a worry. It's also proving harder to find coilovers. ;^)

-df
Old 03-28-2004, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default First how about some quid-pro-quo... I for one don't recognize your ID

Not that I mind telling you what you wish...but what are you doing...blowing in the ear of Audi product planners?
Old 03-28-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Only reason I bought Allroad over A6 avant was 6-spd manual and 2.7t engine

Which you cannot get on the A6 Avant in the U.S.

Frankly, I would have prefered it without the overly complicated (and error-prone) hydraulic suspension (or fender flairs painted to look like unpainted plastic!)

Quick Reply: Strictly hypothetical question: