Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Suspension issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension issues

Hi i was wondering if anyone else has had issues with replacement front suspension unit.
i have replaced front left suspension unit and despite several attempts the unit refuses to rise. I have had several mechanics with computers try but to no avail. I have now contacted audi dealer who are requesting if it is a genuine audi part. It us not. Has anyone got a fix for this or an idea what could be wrong? Is it a thing that ecu is unable to read the new part ? Stumped....
Old 09-19-2018, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only time I had issues getting one to rise (Arnot bag) was when I didn't get the line seated well into the valve, other than that it should come up. Is the compressor running? You should be able to hear it.....
Old 09-20-2018, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrianbt64
Hi i was wondering if anyone else has had issues with replacement front suspension unit.
i have replaced front left suspension unit and despite several attempts the unit refuses to rise. I have had several mechanics with s try but to no avail. I have now contacted audi dealer who are requesting if it is a genuine audi part. It us not. Has anyone got a fix for this or an idea what could be wrong? Is it a thing that ecu is unable to read the new part ? Stumped....
You have to erase all the fault codes from the air suspension system (Group 34 )
Not all scanner (computer) can do that, only VAG scanner. Did you made this job in "Jake mode"?
Old 09-24-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recently picked up a Dodgy Audi Allroad and all the bags are completely defaulted - Car is correctly sitting on bump stop.

I never heard the Pump kick on so I swapped it was a Pump I know that works & and now it comes on for a few seconds then turns off. I checked all the lines to & from the compressor box to the bags to the air tank.

Do I need to reset the computer to have it start working? I am trying to eliminate easier items vs replacing the ECU ( I assume there's an ECU in the rear that controls the air ride management system).

Thanks for the input goes.

The Car was been sitting for about 16months.