Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

TRANSMISSION REBUILT INSTALLED NEW PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRANSMISSION REBUILT INSTALLED NEW PROBLEMS

Just had my Transmission replaced with a rebuilt. I drove it for 3 weeks and the same problems again flashing gear indicators on dash,first gear slips and 2nd gear gave loud noise and jerked,felt as if i was hit from the back. REpair shop told me the the new rebuilt sent bu his vendor was defected .Vender sent another and was installed.no charge under warranty.Its been about a month and
having problems again. Driving up hill the first gear hits/jerks before 2nd 3,4,are fine. this started and than the car started to vibrate. I was told it by another mechanic that my motor mounts are damage and catalytic converter. due to improper transmission instrument. is this true? do i say this to the mechanic that repaired my transmission? i am afraid he may blame the other mechanic and void the warranty.which is not the case all that was done was put on a left and examined..
Old 04-29-2017, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default That's my opinion

Originally Posted by britastic
Just had my Transmission replaced with a rebuilt. I drove it for 3 weeks and the same problems again flashing gear indicators on dash,first gear slips and 2nd gear gave loud noise and jerked,felt as if i was hit from the back. REpair shop told me the the new rebuilt sent bu his vendor was defected .Vender sent another and was installed.no charge under warranty.Its been about a month and
having problems again. Driving up hill the first gear hits/jerks before 2nd 3,4,are fine. this started and than the car started to vibrate. I was told it by another mechanic that my motor mounts are damage and catalytic converter. due to improper transmission instrument. is this true? do i say this to the mechanic that repaired my transmission? i am afraid he may blame the other mechanic and void the warranty.which is not the case all that was done was put on a left and examined..
Go back to the mechanic who replaced the transmission and tell him that you want, and you payd for a transmission repair Ask him to finish the job! About the transmission problem, It is possible that the N75 Pressure regulator valve for the torque converter clutch receives the wrong instruction from the module. I have the same problem in my transmission from the day I purchased the vehicle. Between the first gear and the second gear under high load with the throttle position Change the transmission Produces a strong kick because the clutch in torque converter closes quickly. It can be broke the transmission and engine mounts and break parts in the transmission! I have learned to watch out for this. (already 4 years and 150,000 miles)