Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Troubles with AWE

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubles with AWE

I have emailed, and I will be calling AWE today, and told them if my allroad is not back together, and running correctly by the end of the day, I will be having a rollback pick the car up, and tow it to another place to have their improper running kit removed. They have had my allroad for over 4 months since October 2004.

I am very unhappy with their service, and attitude towards someone who spent 12K for what I thought would be good service.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default <blank stare> don't know what to say. 4 months and no update at all?

Did I read before that they were waiting on a part from Germany or something?

Tell us the whole story again.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow! how bad and unlike AWE.. this sucks
Old 01-11-2006, 05:01 AM

Default Steve, this approach is very unfortunate.

We have obviously not met your expectations, but frankly, I do not know if your expectations were reasonable here.

First, the car has not been here 4 months at one stretch.

Second, the vehicle has been here for 1.5 months this last time, and for a MONTH, we have been waiting for a special order OEM shift rod part that had to be sent from Germany. The delay was out of our hands, you were informed about the delay, and it was unable to be shortened.

The part showed up last week, and you were informed that we would do our best to get the vehicle back on the schedule. The problem with a backordered part is that once it shows up, the delayed vehicle has to be shuffled back into the schedule. The timing was difficult given some large time critical projects that we were in the midst of when the shift rod showed back up.

And statements of "their crappy running kit" are just plain inflammatory, insulting, and not accurate.

Your allroad project was a custom one off. The return visit after the initial install fixed quite a lot of drivability issues, leaving just a cold running one which you took 8 months to get back to us on, which is where we are now. But the shift rod issue compounded the problem.

You really are presenting the situation very inaccurately, and in my opinion, unfairly.

We are doing our best to expedite the finishing of this project, but please note that it did not take a hostile public post to do so. The work was already in motion.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Your friend Steve is not painting an accurate picture. Read Todd's post.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I will be in to see you with my allroad shortly. Love my s4 non res catback exhaust.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default As I said..it is unlike AWE...and per Todd's post it is

understandable. No fault of AWE with Euro parts delivery at all..crap happens and most things that go on like this are generally due to misscommunication and it usually take two to misscommunicate.

We know AWE has been good to the Allroaders and that the Allroaders have been good to AWE which is why I said...It is unlike AWE.

What is great about forums, especially this one, is that all parties can come out...present their sides..vent a bit.. and move on ususually in a way that benefits all concerned.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Post has been edited of "inflammatory" part done in anger, I apologize for that.

It has been there for 4 months though for the same thing, a properly installed, and running RSK04 kit.

I could agrue these point online, but Todd, and I have been in contact via phone, and hopefully this will be resolved.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That's why I wanted to hear the whole story again. I'm sure it is very frustrating...

if the kit just can't seem to be turned properly for power and drivability and the parts delay (though nobody's fault) would certainly raise the frustration level. I hope for a peaceful resolution.

I've done only infrequent business with AWE in recent years since my mods have been spread out over long periods of time and I usually turn my own wrenches, but I was buying Corrado stuff from them back when Todd was the only guy there answering the phone. I have a high amount of respect for what he has built and his treatment of the community and hope the this situation can be smoothed over so everyone is satisfied.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Actually, "fitting it back into the schedule" is saying that you don't come first...

when people won't be reasonable with getting my work done, I don't get pissed. I just find people who are more appreciative of my business.
It's very simple. Shops that cater to mail order business have many projects going at once. I've had cars done by Calloway (not a mailorder shop, but they do subcontract work for many companies, or did at the time). They did great work, but I was a small fry.
Either be patient, or find another shop.
I'm currently looking at AWE's full exhaust for my 997, and it looks like the best one out there.

Quick Reply: Troubles with AWE