Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Water damaged from cloak drain during rain

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water damaged from cloak drain during rain

The interior of my car filled with several feet of water during heavy rains. I found out that water accumulated in the plenum tray due to clogged drains from leaf debris that had accumulated. ABS, ESP, and brake light on dash flash. this all happen yesterday so currently my car is parked at a lot because i dont wish to damage it further can someone tell me what sort of damage im looking at??? is it repairable ??? should i file an insurance claim??? any help would be appreciated

Zim
Old 04-20-2018, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a well know problem --- clogged drains - sun roof or under the battery in the engine compartment.
I would get the insurance co involved as this type of damage can be expensive. My suggestion is to have the work done at an AUDI dealer
Sorry man - not good
I have a 2005 allroad that had a leak, and the gremlins still pop up
Old 04-22-2018, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i wet vac all the water from the foot well removed the battery and the plate it rest on cleaned out the drain and then removed the glove box and passenger seat so the floor and sponge can dry, a lot of water close to 20Gallons i removed with the wet vac. i will have to replace TPC and ESP module siince those two were the only one to get wet
Old 05-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

One of the other very common causes of cabin water leaks is through the ventilation air box (where the cabin filter sits) under the windshield wiper arm cowling. This cowling sits behind the wiper arms along the bottom edge of the windshield. It has a "T" shaped strip that "snaps" into a slot along the bottom of the windshield. Many time this will pop out of the slot and water will run under the cowl and directly into the air box, down the firewall and into the passenger floor pan.

It is designed to just snap in and not be glued. So you may want to check to see if it's snapped in all the way across, after a windshield replacement, or just periodically to be safe. I've had mine pop out in the summer, when temps rise and the plastic expands/gets more pliable.

You can see the slot in the rubber seal here.

And here

Here's an example of the "T" on the back of the cowling, that fits into slot.