Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

what is automatic mode for levels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is automatic mode for levels?

Hi,
Just got my slightly used Allroad 2.7T and I love it.

Reading the driver's manual section about level selection, I don't understand how one goes from auto to manual mode, and back.

For instance, when driving in Paris I like to be in "high position 1" so I manually select it. Then when my speed exceeds 80kph the car automatically lowers to "standard position", which is expected. However, when exceeding 130 kph the car should go to "lower position" but that doesn't happen. It only works if the car is in "standard postition" to begin with.

Is there a way to drive in High1 and have to car lower automatically to the lowest level according to its speed?

Thanks,
Old 02-15-2004, 06:00 AM

Default it does, it should...

My ar behaves like this: if I manually put it on any other level other than ground-level (which is level 1), it *will* lower the to level 1 automatically when I reach a certain speed.

In other words, I can't force it to stay in Level 2 constantly no matter what speed (unless I use my vag-com tool).
Old 02-15-2004, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: what is automatic mode for levels?

Julius, firstly, what you are referring as "high position 1" is most probably level 3, they go from 1 being the lowest to 4 being the highest. I doubt it that you drive in level 4, since you are saying that the car drops to "standard position," which is considered to be level 2. However, if you exceed 70mph (approx.112kph), the car SHOULD automatically drop the its lowest level, level 1, no matter what level you have previously selected manually. If that does not happen, that means that there's something wrong with your auto-leveling suspension, and you might want to bring the car to your dealer for inspection.
Here's what they wanted to say it in the manual, but somehow explained it for people with a PhD. Let's say that you manually select level 3. If you drive below 80kph, the car will stay in level 3. If you exceed 80kph, the car will lower itself to level 2. Now, if you go back to driving with a speed lower than 80kph for more than 30sec., the car will raise itself back to level 3. It works the same way with all the other levels. However, if you manually select let's say level 2, the car will never go above that level, no matter how slow you're driving. Let me know if that was any clearer than the manual.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: what is automatic mode for levels?

Thanks BG AR, your explanation is absolutely clear and it confirms my own understanding. Will check with the dealer.

Cheers,
Old 02-15-2004, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No problem, let's hope nothing's wrong with the auto-leveling...