Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

What happens when you discover that you have a Tire pressure monitors and it was disabled and sold

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What happens when you discover that you have a Tire pressure monitors and it was disabled and sold

CPO? When rotating my tires I discovered I had the pressure monitors and looked in the option lists and found that it did come with them from the factory. It doesn't show up on the dash menu, so I imagine that system was disabled through VAG tool. I even found the seat belt chimes disabled as well. I thought the dealer was forbidden to diable any safety feature.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You go back to the selling dealer and say fix this.

Also you may want to search this forum for "CPO violations: and dealer "CPO rubber stamp"

You will learn that CPO is a good service policy, but meaningless as far as dealer inspections go.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shows how well they inspect a CPO, or any, for that matter. Yes take it back.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:46 AM

Default What about Daytime Running lights

I just bot a CPO 05 AR and there are no day time running lights. Is it just me or shouldnt the car have them, I thought all cars built past a certian date had to?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The ar never had them in the USA
Old 01-09-2006, 11:29 AM

Default Yes they did. There are a few ARs around that don't have Xenon, and they can have DRL activated by

the dealer...

As for an AR that does not have them activated...if you have Xenon, they do not use those for DRLs...no car company uses Xenon lamps for DRLs. They either use the high beam bulb or another amber bulb on the front. Most cars just don't have them activated.

Same thing on my MINI...OEM Xenon, no DRL, but the dealer could computer activate it and the highbeams would become the DRL, but the Xenon bulb low beam would remain off until you turned on the lights, etc.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The point is that the ar does not have them as a mater of OEM equipment.

you can do many things to achieve them including rewiring the fogs to DTR status.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Here's a thought...Could the dlr of swapped the rims....

and not known of the tire monitors. No worries, I'm sure they'll fix it for you.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That is a possibility... likely when it was new. When I bought

my allroad it had the 5 spokers (with TPMS) and I wanted the twin spokes- They pulled the twins from another car with supposed TpMS and put them on my car. When I got home found out the twins didn't have TPMS even thought the car they came from had TPMS... Confusing? YEP.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default After seeing the rims I thought they could have done a swap, I looked up the feature in the manual

and it told how to access the feature through the menu. Since it didn't have the menu prompt I thought it wasn't installed. Then today I looked up the option code and low and behold it did have the option. Even located the module. So it had to be disabled.

Quick Reply: What happens when you discover that you have a Tire pressure monitors and it was disabled and sold