Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

What kind of deals have anyone gotten on leftover allroads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What kind of deals have anyone gotten on leftover allroads?

Local dealer has 4 retired service loaners and one former demo for sale. All 10,000-12,000 miles. Silver, atlas, black, blue. All can be financed as new vehicles, but come Audi Assured. So not really "leftovers" in the true sense of the word. I'd be interested in one at the right price though i'm not sure I want to give up my steering wheel tip buttons and heated wheel.

Just curious what kind of prices y'all have heard of. Thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a thought....

if these are depreciating as fast as we are seeing them go...hold your dealers feet to the fire on that end then too....it can't be top dollar on the new end and then a year later they're worth half of what you paid for it. I don't know if they are still out there but there were two 2005's on ebay a while ago...never saw what/if they sold.

If a new A6 Avant is $55 and a new Q7 is $55 what does that make in essence a one to two year old allroad?? (probably stickered at new this)...it will be interesting to see what they will take and how much they are willing to deal. Over here they couldn't sell them so they don't want to buy them
Old 05-22-2006, 02:47 PM

Default My thoughts exactly. This dealer initially quoted me $43K for a $48K sticker

so I plainly told them they were out of their minds. We're talking about a 2 yr old car with 12,000 miles on it. Don't care if it can be titled as a new car, that's not important.

Here's how crazy they are- they have a used '05 on their lot with 18,000 on it for $39K, which is still too high by several thousand. I expected them to offer me the atlas one to me for $37-38, and we'd work down from there. Their dealer cost on the damn thing has got to be $39-40K after factoring in the service loaner AoA discount. And that was 2 years ago. And now it's a 2 year old used car, that's also a discontinued model.

Guess it wasn't meant to be.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Remember my "forray" into trade in land last Friday's post...I definitely feel your pain...

wait until you find out what they want to give you for yours I don't know what Audi's game is but who really is responsible for the depreciation value of these cars when their own dealerships won't even take them back on trade for new ones for anything remotely approaching a reasonable price...BMW and MB seem to want to keep their customers IN their cars...ok sorry that was last week's rant
Old 05-22-2006, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default First a Q7 is more than 55k and the A6 seems to be way cheaper than the Q7...

In fact even as new, the allroad was a deal, view how much you would get for the money..... believe or not, they do sell at least in the north east.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:36 PM

I'm reading LOCAL stickers of cars I drove!!...I can read...$55 for Q7 same for A6 Avant...
Old 05-22-2006, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The problem is the dealer is counting on a buyer that is not as educated as you..
Old 05-22-2006, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: I'm reading LOCAL stickers of cars I drove!!...I can read...$55 for Q7 same for A6 Avant...

all you guys make a good pointS. i went to my guy back @ fathers and son (they sell audi, porcha,volvo, saab) i aske my guy if he could find me a deal on an 04 or 03 fully load it if he came across one, and he try to tell me because i was on up side down situation that i wouldnt want to get into a newer allroad. he said he could find me a 04 for around 40k and i told him he was smoking some good *** crack cause there is not way not one will pay for 04 that much money. I HATE FREAKING DEALERS.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default If you think your car will depreciate more than the back-end residual of a lease . .

then you should lease, instead of purchase.

With the right "money factor," a lease can be the equivalent of a low interest (or no interest) loan, with the added feature of a put option (put back to the dealer) at a price negotiated at the time of purchase.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:28 AM

Default Ah but you forget out here that I drive a zillion miles a year...at least

in lease terminology...I drive 25k or more miles in a year and there is no lease that is going to make sense under those circumstances...works for some of you who park at the train station but not for us out in the boonies where we have to drive everywhere

Quick Reply: What kind of deals have anyone gotten on leftover allroads?