AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Club North America Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-club-north-america-discussion-133/)
-   -   ACNA election is tainted - recall it! (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-club-north-america-discussion-133/acna-election-tainted-recall-2730032/)

AudiZilla 10-24-2008 08:55 AM

ACNA election is tainted - recall it!

I've been looking through all this year's ACNA minutes up to August, searched through my winter/spring/summer 2008 Quattro Quarterlys, and I can not for the life of me find a single mention of the change in the nominations deadline from August 15th to July 31st.

The reason I was looking is that I know that three people(at least), two of which who served on the ACNA BoD, two who've run in previous ACNA elections were excluded from the ballot and at least one did not know they were excluded until the ballot appeared in the Quattro Quarterly.

I also find it outrageous that the ACNA BoD, on September 2nd (go ahead and read the minutes!) passed a motion to "Set July31st as the agreed upon as the dealine for candidacy application by the Board of Directors as communicated by Dean Treadway" which is already loooong past the imposed deadline that was communicated to some of the excluded ACNA members that ran for the ACNA Board.

This smells of people trying to cover their tracks. There is no way that the BoD can legally change the dealine after it passed and use it to justify imposing the dealine in the first place. Also I have to remind people, that RRO explicitly states that for a board to "agree", the board has to have a montion/vote for the agreement to be official, and all motion/votes have to show up in the minutes of which there is no mention. Therefore the motion by Kent Anderson to set the date (as agreed) is ILLEGAL.

As a result this whole election is tainted! The only recourse the Board has is to recall this election and start over with a notice to the entire membership via a mailing or the Quattro Quarterly, not only of the date nominations have to be submitted to, but also the entire election process starting with how members can submit nomination papers.

Failure to do such has dire ramifications for the club which include (but are not limited to) the IRS yanking the club's 501(c)3. A recall is the only way this year's election can be declared "open, honest, and transparent".

I'm personally disgusted with this entire mess and now seriously question why I remain a member of the club.

--
Peter Barada
Frustrated member #14959

Reggie 10-24-2008 08:56 AM

That is frustrating

Press 10-24-2008 09:44 AM

i agree 100%

OCDboy 10-24-2008 10:33 AM

As one of the folks excluded by a BOD vote...I totally agree!

Yes, I'm one of the folks that was excluded from the nomination process since I sent my ballot in on the "old" deadline.

I only leared that I was excluded on the chapter rep call on Sept 3rd in the presence of many other folks. When I asked "Can someone explain the rational of the July 31st deadline?" Dean Treadway asked to call me after the call...which he did and explained that a 5-4 vote excluded Nick Pinto, Craig Leichty and I from the nomination process.

It was purely a politcal move by some members of the board.

Unless the membership is willing to recall the board or do a special meeting as outlined in the bylaws, I'm not sure how far we can get.

I can assure you that my membership (Kansas City Chapter) would be willing to sign a petition.

There are other more drastic measures that could be considered as well.

Kris Loveless
President KC Audi
Member #26726
<a href="http://www.kcaudi.org">www.kcaudi.org</a>

S4_Loki 10-24-2008 05:27 PM

I've done some of my own research.

It seems everyone is complaining that the date was changed from August 15 to July 31 and that three potential candidates were excluded because they were unaware of the July 31 deadline.

From what I've discovered, the deadline date for this year has never been August 15. It has ALWAYS been July 31. I understand that in past years, the deadline has been August 15.

I received a copy of the <a href="http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/24/2157816/ACNA%20Chapter%20Representatives%20Mtg%2C%207-02-08.doc">minutes from the June 4, 2008 Chapter Rep conference call</a>. These minutes were sent to the Chapter Reps by Dean Treadway on July 1, 2008.

Item 2 states that the deadline for applications for nominations should be at the national office by July 31.

After reviewing the list of email addresses to which this email was sent, it is clear to see that all the candidates who had their nominations rejected because they were received after July 31 were included in the emailing.

I'm not sure how they can claim that they did not know that the deadline was July 31. If they were on the June 4, 2008 Chapter Rep conference call, they would have learned at that time that the date was July 31. If they were not on the call, they should have known after reading the minutes from the June meeting that were sent to them by Dean Treadway on July 1. If they didn't read the minutes that were sent to them, they should have know if they were on the July 2, 2008 chapter rep call as the second item on the agenda for that meeting was the national elections.

It seems to me that all three candidates that were rejected had been notified that the deadline was July 31, regardless of what it has been in past years.

Could the ACNA national BoD have done a better job of communicating the deadline to the members? Absolutely. Do I feel that the three candidates that were rejected were cheated in some way? After what I've discovered, NO.

Suffolk 10-24-2008 09:02 PM

Could you please forward the e-mail copy you received in its entirety to me?

My e-mail is SuffolkD (at) aol &lt;dot&gt; com

Thanks for your input.

Next to this "notice" how does the general ACNA member populous find out about this date change?

I'm not on a chapter rep list.

-Scott

Suffolk 10-24-2008 09:28 PM

Lets not also forget that one chapter used the QQ to promote their candidates

Golden gate has Gordon as a candidate.
In the QQ on page 82 chapter news there is no mention of their candidate running for the ACNA election.

The Potomic / Chesapeake chapter makes no mention of Charlie Prietz, their candidate.

Glacier Lakes doesn't promote Kent in their Chapter News........

Even Alan in the Canada East report doesn't mention his candidacy.

So lets look at the NEQ (Northeast on page) 84:

"I would like to encourage all our members to vote in the national board of director elections.

We are excited to have Bruce Bradigan and Alan Bellavance running for national director seats.

These two candidates have helped guide the NEQ and Canadian Chapters over the years as board members, eventmasters, and volunteers.

They will bring extensive business backgrounds and experience in chapter development and non - profit governance to the national board. <b>Please vote for these two candidates.</b>

&lt;snip next paragraph&gt;
-Art Mayhew"

This is using National resources to promote their TWO candidates, each from different regional chapters. Last time I checked, NEQ was VT,NY and CT only.

Things are piling up here........

-Scott

Suffolk 10-24-2008 10:03 PM

Re: I've done some of my own research. Where's the DATE on that letter?

I read it.

The title says something like June 4 minutes, but the the letter is undated.

Please forward me the E-mail you got if you're a chapter rep please.

-Scott

S4_Loki 10-25-2008 06:54 AM

I've made available the email I received in PDF format.

<a href="http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/24/2157816/Gmail%20-%20Fwd_%20Nominations%20fo...pdf">Click here</a> to view the email that was forwarded to me, as I am not a chapter rep.

You'll notice that all the candidates that claim they did not know that the deadline was July 31, 2008 were included in this email. Also included, was the originator of this thread, Peter Barada.

S4_Loki 10-25-2008 06:57 AM

That is a subject for another thread and was not addressed in the original post.

I have my own opinions on the matter which I prefer not to make public.