Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACNA Member of The Year

Dean Esmail?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Awesome User

Would help if we had details on his contributions to members and ACNA.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

As far as I can tell, he helped cause a lawsuit a couple years ago, voted to have the club pay for it and then resigned from the board of directors as a result of the judge saying that if it goes to court, the ACNA will lose.

I'm certain he must have done some other stuff to earn him this award. I don't know what that may have been. Maybe somebody from the RMC or Utah chapter would fill us in.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Did they ask the chapters for nominations? Did they hold a vote?

I'm not sure if they requested nominations or held a vote for member of the year.

But then, it's only policy. Policy that was voted upon and approved by the board. In October, 2006.

Anybody know if this procedure was followed this year? Or did they just choose to ignore it?

From October 2006 Bod minutes:

2. Member Of the Year (MOY) award guidelines will be distributed
10/4/2006. MOY vote procedure change to include one vote for
each chapter and one vote for each National director as defined in guidelines.
Motion: Accept MOY vote procedure change to include one vote for each chapter and one vote for each National director as defined in guidelines.
Motion by Craig Liechty, second Mike Collier, passed unanimous.
Action Item: Dean Esmail to distribute MOY award guidelines to all chapter reps and National directors.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

So I have been on the outside but have a little info and some obvious biased opinions - but since I am a old mfer I am suppose to be that way.

Dean really does work hard on the club. He puts in a lot of time recruiting new sponsors and events. He and Don do not see eye to eye on things - and Don I respect too - he does a great job with the Steamboat ice school and other events.

Both are control freaks so neither wants to give up anything - I like both guys. i really don't want to put down either side on the issues.

Bad: RMAC still being run with guys who are in the group cause they get free track time and do not understand how to market the event - probably because they have jobs that require too much time and because they do not want to ask others to do the tasks needed because it involves giving up control.

The issue above lead to the formulation of the this club:http://www.usaudiclub.com/