thoughts from a new member......

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts from a new member......

I have always been into German cars and over the years have been a member of several associations and clubs, on both sides of the pond. I have to be honest about my first impressions of the Audi club. The dealerships seem to be heavily involved with the club, which can be a great relationship. However, I can not help but notice the ongoing message to buy a new car. In fact, I have heard several times at club events "You know, you have not bought a new Audi in a few years....." Why does a sales guy always seem to be in the area? Honestly, I am there to celebrate these awesome German cars, meet like minded car people, and really do not want a sales pitch. Also, events seem to scheduled on strange weekends when other things are going on in the local area. If you want members to show up, please do not host events the same weekend as other car, racing, or major sporting events. One last suggestion, if you say something is going to start at X time it really needs to start shortly after X time. Please do not delay the entire group to wait nearly 2 hours on one person that could not get out of bed and show up on time. Has anyone had a similar experience, or should I give the club another look?