Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

1st US Deliveries week of April 29th?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Picked mine up on Tuesday; due to some home electrical issues it isn't fully charged yet, but it is being done so now.

Absolutely LOVE the vehicle, as does my family (we were choosing between the Model X, the I-Pace, and the E-Tron). We are EXTREMELY happy with the decision.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been 50 miles away for 7 days with no activity, this is driving me nuts.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Try not to fret; mine was in Houston, then released from the port hold on 4/24, and it took a week to get to me - my sales associate didn't have a clue, nor did the 800 number (they said it would be 3-5 weeks)!

So, probably going to happen in short order, or at least I hope so for your sake!
Old 05-02-2019, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reliantg
Been 50 miles away for 7 days with no activity, this is driving me nuts.
Audi Marin received their first truckload of e-Trons today. Unfortunately, mine wasn't on it. They are receiving more in the coming days....
Old 05-03-2019, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Test drove, and purchased an eTron Edition-One today in Northern CA, that was reserved on 9.15.

Coincidentally there was a similar colored Q8 beside the eTron when I arrived. Sharing for the photo as some are considering the Q8 and eTron. Q8 seems slightly larger, and more aggressive.

And there was another eTron edition one available at the dealer, from a canceled reservation. The dealer had a 10K markup on the car, as they are basically not available, in case there is someone really demanding one earlier. They probably won't sell it at that price the dealer admitted.

My eTron is on the right. I deliberately had the dealer not install the front plate cover. I will install something that doesn't cover or damage the charismatic front end. Vehicles in California are required to have a front plate.

I will post separately on my initial experience with the vehicle, including range, and charging as I drove over 100 miles today.

Note that the dealer was aware of the $1495 correction to the price of the edition one for reservation holders. They were not aware of the 1.9% financing rate.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gorgeous cars!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by madcanadian
Test drove, and purchased an eTron Edition-One today in Northern CA, that was reserved on 9.15.

Coincidentally there was a similar colored Q8 beside the eTron when I arrived. Sharing for the photo as some are considering the Q8 and eTron. Q8 seems slightly larger, and more aggressive.

And there was another eTron edition one available at the dealer, from a canceled reservation. The dealer had a 10K markup on the car, as they are basically not available, in case there is someone really demanding one earlier. They probably won't sell it at that price the dealer admitted.

My eTron is on the right. I deliberately had the dealer not install the front plate cover. I will install something that doesn't cover or damage the charismatic front end. Vehicles in California are required to have a front plate.

I will post separately on my initial experience with the vehicle, including range, and charging as I drove over 100 miles today.

Note that the dealer was aware of the $1495 correction to the price of the edition one for reservation holders. They were not aware of the 1.9% financing rate.
If you financed, what rate did you get? Seeing a lot of mixed messages out there. Seen 1.9%, 2.9% and 3.9%.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by njjoe
If you financed, what rate did you get? Seeing a lot of mixed messages out there. Seen 1.9%, 2.9% and 3.9%.
Multiple news outlets reported the 1.9% financing discount on the eTron. https://www2.greencarreports.com/new...t-goes-on-sale I don't see a reference to it on an Audi site.

I can't help with financing / leasing comparisons as I paid in full for the car including my trade-in.