Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

2019 e-tron Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 2019 e-tron Quattro

Anyone interested in the new e-tron Quattro? We are 12 days away from the debut.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/e-tron-preview

Note: I would put this in the e-tron Quattro forum but we don't have one Who is running this place? One of the most important new Audi model debut in less than 2 weeks and there is not discussion forum for it... Rennlist has had the Mission E/Taycan forum up and running for over a year now.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:07 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, the new e-tron looks basically like an all electric Q5 so this may currently be the best place to post about it. I’m placing a $1000 deposit for one on 9/17. I decided to pass on the Tesla Model 3 after it finally became available because it is simply too small (and therefore dangerous) for my wife and kids to be cruising around in all the time. Simple physics... the bigger/heavier vehicle “wins” in most collisions against smaller/lighter vehicles. New e-tron may not be the biggest/heaviest vehicle on the road but it is bigger than a Model 3 and will most likely be superior to the poorly rated Tesla Model X, not to mention far more affordable.

I also agree that this may be Audi’s most important vehicle in a long time considering that it is Audi’s first all electric consumer SUV with many countries pledging to eliminate petrol vehicles in the near future.

I applaud Elon Musk for realizing that patenting his Tesla technology would have been the wrong move. Allowing competition to use Tesla’s technologies safeguards Tesla’s success and furthers awareness and ultimately the reduction in fossil fuel dependence.

Last edited by TYJ; 09-05-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully it's better than the Mercedes Benz EQC... only 200 miles of range.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYJ
Yes, the new e-tron looks basically like an all electric Q5 so this may currently be the best place to post about it. I’m placing a $1000 deposit for one on 9/17.
Me too, probably. whats the betting line on the performance (say with-respect-to SQ5). i guess in 2 weeks we'll know.
My dealer is like all "what e-tron SUV" and claims the recently installed chargers are just for the A3. silly me.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by KaDeTime
first its not as this is not a the right form for this just like you would direct a A4 question this is not the place for it.
second if you complain that this is not useful by just writing this is not useful what have you added to this post nothing, you have done what you write i did.

noob troll move on, not gone waist my time on you in the future.
But it is a useful post. To paraphrase, the OP asked "is anyone interested in an electric version of a Q5", and he gets torn a new ****. But if someone posts "anyone interested in the new RDX", and that thread goes on for pages and months. So Mr. Internet Police, where per chance should someone post the RDX thread if the Q5 forum is incorrect?

To Ron S.'s point, you have to comment on EVERY post. If you have nothing of value to add, it's some pointless sludge just to get your post numbers up.

But to answer the OP's question, yup. Wish it launched before I bought my SQ5 in January as that's the unit I would have put in the garage. I wouldn't put two electric vehicles in the garage (in case of power outages), but very interested in having one.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:17 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

$1000 deposit placed!!!
Old 09-15-2018, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TYJ
$1000 deposit placed!!!
I got an email offering preferred option to order. Did you get pricing and options or is this just to establish priority?
Old 09-15-2018, 04:08 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Just a placeholder. It appears that if you signed up for updates on Audi’s e-Tron page you received an option today to deposit $1000 as a placeholder before the public offering on Monday 9/17. Similar to the way the Tesla Model 3 went.

Within the link emailed, Audi offered a “Preferred Options” or a “Configure your own options”. But, that was it. No pricing or options at this time. When your number comes up, they will contact you about ordering and the options you want.

Last edited by TYJ; 09-15-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Deposit done.

Haters, please find somewhere else to hate.

I’m loving the idea. Just wish it was an e-tron RS4. But, this looks good. Just trying to figure out whether to commit to getting rid of the Q7. Yikes, when we do triathlon/camping/windsurfing and kiting, we need space, ground clearance and long distance. And then there is snow.

When putting the deposit down, you get two options.
a) “edition one car” - special trim, and comes with assistance packages as standard. $86,000 price.
b) $1,000 to be able to configure later. Not sure I wanted to spend $86k on a car with a battery that might become obsolete. My selection.

We need an e-tron forum!
Old 09-16-2018, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYJ
Just a placeholder. It appears that if you signed up for updates on Audi’s e-Tron page you received an option today to deposit $1000 as a placeholder before the public offering on Monday 9/17. Similar to the way the Tesla Model 3 went.

Within the link emailed, Audi offered a “Preferred Options” or a “Configure your own options”. But, that was it. No pricing or options at this time. When your number comes up, they will contact you about ordering and the options you want.
Hmm. I've been on their email list for months and didn't receive the email with the option of placing a deposit. Wondering if Audi is prioritizing the California-Emissions states first? I live in Florida.

Anyway, guess I'll know in a couple of days.

Quick Reply: 2019 e-tron Quattro