Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

2019 e-tron Quattro

Old 09-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wires
Forward facing cameras on the mirrors would be stellar (surprised nobody seems to do this). VERY useful when trying to pass on a 2-lane highway.
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Not only is this counter-intuitive, but the information overload will likely lead to extremely dangerous confusion.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
I think the idea is that the camera could be like sticking your head out of the window to check oncoming traffic before getting into that lane. I can see that logic (much like in my top view car I can check the corners in back before backing out. I think it would be limited to that level of usefulness though. Would be fun to see the mirror motorize out almost into the oncoming traffic lane
okay I got the point, but.. well.. umm.. wait.. what,, NO! :-)

Old 09-20-2018, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

I think the idea is that the camera could be like sticking your head out of the window to check oncoming traffic before getting into that lane. I can see that logic (much like in my top view car I can check the corners in back before backing out. I think it would be limited to that level of usefulness though. Would be fun to see the mirror motorize out almost into the oncoming traffic lane
Yes, that's my thoughts. Instead of weaving onto the center line to check for oncoming traffic (and nearly getting clipped by a semi), you'd be able to see what the tip of the mirror sees.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Packages

Here some additional information in regards to US packaging. This is from the press event I took when I was at The Charge unveiling event in SF. (Excuse the poor picture as I was there as a customer and not media)

Canadian packages are still TBA. Audi Canada and Audi AG are in the 3rd round of negotiations to settle on pricing and packages. I been told it is not as simple as doing a currency conversion.

If you have any questions in regards to etron. Feel free to ask away. I had the opportunity to talk to many staff from Audi and got a bit of insider knowledge.

P.S. I am a Canadian reservation holder as of Aug 9th.

Packages (US MARKET) as follows:

Premium Plus

Prestige

Edition One
Old 09-24-2018, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I still can't figure out if on an edition one that you can add Cold Weather Package, etc…
Old 09-24-2018, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Is cold weather package needed

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I still can't figure out if on an edition one that you can add Cold Weather Package, etc…
I am interested in learning more about the Cold Weather Package. They say it includes: "Enhanced cabin and battery preconditioning
Integrated windshield wiper washer jets". I live near Philly and have a garage. Still, temperatures can trop to single digits on some days. To me the most important thing is the ability to heat up (or cool) the interior to a comfortable temperature using my cell phone, etc. I am assuming that any car including the base model should allow me to do it indoors or outdoors, plugged in or not. If i can do that without the package, then I should be fine without it. However, I don't want to assume that. If paying 900 is the only way to preheat or cool the car, then I'll gladly pay it. Anyone has any opinions on that
Old 09-24-2018, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Cold Weather package is included in the Edition One tier. If you look at the picture I attached earlier, the last bullet says the Cold Weather Package in included.