Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

2019 e-tron Reservation List

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2019 e-tron Reservation List

This is a list for those who placed reservation to discuss the reservation process and status among reservations. If you want to discuss the model, please use the 2019 e-tron Quatro thread for general discussion (until a dedicated forum is created, anyway).

Reserved Sunday, September 16th at about 3 PM Eastern after getting an email a bit earlier that day. Chose the Edition One (sounds like it's loaded, but it wasn't clear what the details are).

Last edited by schalliol; 09-16-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:07 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep. I also put $1K down about 3:30pm PST yesterday to hold my spot for the new e-Tron. Looking forward to pricing and options.

I placed a $1K deposit on a Tesla Model 3 when it was announced about 2 years ago. However, after my allocation became active (about 3 months ago), I decided to pass on the Model 3. I decided that I really didn't want my wife and kids driving around 99% of the time in a vehicle the size of a Honda Civic (they currently are in a '14 Toyota Highlander). We live in a rural community with LOTS of large pickup trucks and SUVs on the road. I'm hoping the new Audi e-Tron will be a larger, heavier, higher-end vehicle than the Tesla Model 3. I'm also hoping the e-Tron will have equal, if not longer range than the Model 3 4WD.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What it shows this morning.

Also:
Q: Can I update my reservation after submitting it?
A: You will be able to update your reserved configuration in myAudi until it locks. Your configuration will lock as it nears production. You can contact the Audi Customer Experience Center at 844.573.8766 to update your configuration after the listed lock date, but late adjustments may result in production delays of your vehicle.
Q: When can I expect my reserved vehicle to be delivered?
A: Vehicle delivery will be determined by the order of the reservation. Once reserved, Audi will ask you to confirm your configuration once your vehicle is ready for production (this time will vary upon the volume of reservations). Once your configuration is locked, delivery is estimated to occur within five to seven months.
Q: What can I do to help prepare my home for electric vehicle charging?
A: Each Audi e-tron® will come standard with a charging capsule capable of up-to 9.6 kW charging. You can power the charging capsule by plugging into a standard 120 volt household outlet or, if home wiring permits, a 240 volt outlet that allows for Level 2 charging.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Does anyone know if you can add options above the packages on the Edition One units? For example, the Cold Weather Package seems like a no brainer for most in the Northern US, and the rear side airbags also seems like what people would want.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

News today, Audi is teaming with Amazon to supply chargers.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
Does anyone know if you can add options above the packages on the Edition One units? For example, the Cold Weather Package seems like a no brainer for most in the Northern US, and the rear side airbags also seems like what people would want.
You went for Edition One? Very nice. I would think you'd be able to add Cold Weather and Towing... What's an SUV without a little cold and hitch mount bike racks?

Do you have any images of the interior? I am very curious on the non-walnut version of Ash that comes with the Edition One.

But... I'll still be waiting for BlackOptic.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, we'll see. Question on whether this or the Q8 makes more sense. It seemed like you could come down from the Edition One later, so why not start that way.

On the S6 we've had a lot of pothole damage. I wonder if there's a way to determine how much distance there is between the wheel and the tire as of now.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I started a new thread in the new forum to monitor the ordering and first sightings...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...te%94-2959114/
Old 09-18-2018, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no way it'll have a better range than the Model 3. You're probably looking at 200 miles per full charge (at best), and if they do what other EVs do with regards to charging, keeping it at 80-90% and not full charge, to give batteries a longer lifespan. Then you're probably looking at under 200miles.

I'm hoping there will be more info on the 150kW charging network, which is what will pull in Tesla owners. The fact they're relying on 3rd party means they have no ownership in the issue when it comes to charging. Will be relegated to a commuter car and not a road-trip car. On the fence still.

Disclosure. I own a Model 3 and a X, not sold on the craftsmanship of Tesla, but the tech and infrastructure is there. Was looking at the iPace and although the interior is quite nice, it's relegated to commuter car duty at best.

Was a Q7 / allroad owner, so love the Audi design language, and this has a muscular allroad look to me. Anybody know what the GVWR is on this?

-ThinkMac-

Originally Posted by TYJ
Yep. I also put $1K down about 3:30pm PST yesterday to hold my spot for the new e-Tron. Looking forward to pricing and options.

I placed a $1K deposit on a Tesla Model 3 when it was announced about 2 years ago. However, after my allocation became active (about 3 months ago), I decided to pass on the Model 3. I decided that I really didn't want my wife and kids driving around 99% of the time in a vehicle the size of a Honda Civic (they currently are in a '14 Toyota Highlander). We live in a rural community with LOTS of large pickup trucks and SUVs on the road. I'm hoping the new Audi e-Tron will be a larger, heavier, higher-end vehicle than the Tesla Model 3. I'm also hoping the e-Tron will have equal, if not longer range than the Model 3 4WD.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Why not just move this existing thread?

Quick Reply: 2019 e-tron Reservation List