Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

2019 e-tron Reservation List

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

2019 e-tron Reservation List

Old 09-24-2018, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6 View Post

I pretty much know what I want, but a few of the options need a little more explanation. I’m trying to figure out if I need the $900 “cold weather” package. In other Audi’s that usually means heated rear seats & steering wheel. The e-tron just says it’s battery & interior preconditioning & wiper nozzles. Have no idea what that means. All I need is heated seats & steering wheel (which I don’t see listed anywhere but some of the interior shots show a button for it in the center MMI, rather than on the wheel).
for an EV the battery suffers a little in both heat and cold, so the precondition is designed to use some battery power to either cool or heat the battery to optimal operating temp. The Interior precondition is exactly like it sounds, you can use you app to say your headed to the car and it will warm or cool the inside to your desired temp. The nozzle thing is a heated sprayer so the fluid can defrost your windows. The reason why your may want to battery preconditioned is so you get longer life and expected performance when you park, at say the airport on a cold or hot day.... if you park in your garage all the time its probably not as big a deal.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks like heated and cooled front seats are included in all packages, maybe the Cold Weather pkg has heated steering wheel and back seats.

Hope that there is a trim option other than Dark Walnut - any of the brushed alum options would be great.

I too am a Canadian reservation holder from early Aug, eagerly looking forward to Cdn Packages and Pricing.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NightA4 View Post
Looks like heated and cooled front seats are included in all packages, maybe the Cold Weather pkg has heated steering wheel and back seats.

Hope that there is a trim option other than Dark Walnut - any of the brushed alum options would be great.

I too am a Canadian reservation holder from early Aug, eagerly looking forward to Cdn Packages and Pricing.
Cool; another Canadian with a pre order... I look forward to following your process and see if its different than mine...

I will say that is Walnut is the only trim option (and I really don't think it will be) - I'm out... I'm not buying one of these with wood trim that looks like wood. I want a high tech look....
Old 09-25-2018, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiTK View Post
for an EV the battery suffers a little in both heat and cold, so the precondition is designed to use some battery power to either cool or heat the battery to optimal operating temp. The Interior precondition is exactly like it sounds, you can use you app to say your headed to the car and it will warm or cool the inside to your desired temp. The nozzle thing is a heated sprayer so the fluid can defrost your windows. The reason why your may want to battery preconditioned is so you get longer life and expected performance when you park, at say the airport on a cold or hot day.... if you park in your garage all the time its probably not as big a deal.
Thanks much - that's sort of what I thought. It gets cold here but not Minnesota cold. My cars live in a garage & I don't park outside for long periods. If you use the system to "precondition" the interior, I wonder how much it would deplete the battery before you started driving. I'll have to give that some thought down the line.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6 View Post
If you use the system to "precondition" the interior, I wonder how much it would deplete the battery before you started driving. I'll have to give that some thought down the line.
If you have a charger in your garage and leave it on the car, the "precondition" will use the power from the charger, not from the battery, thus no loss on driving distance.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Edition one ordered Saturday the 15th. Cant wait!
Old 09-27-2018, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by anemeth View Post
If you have a charger in your garage and leave it on the car, the "precondition" will use the power from the charger, not from the battery, thus no loss on driving distance.
Thanks - makes sense. Guess you just cost me $900
Old 10-09-2018, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I placed my reservation on 9/17 and decided to stop by the dealer today for any new info. Not surprisingly they have NONE. It seems, in typical Audi fashion, it seems that I know more about the vehicle than the salespeople. You can't spec out a car at the dealership or even begin to enter a pre order, As we know, the MY AUDI section of AusiUSA has been useless for information. Has anyone else had any success in moving to the the next step?
Old 10-09-2018, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by macwm View Post
I placed my reservation on 9/17 and decided to stop by the dealer today for any new info. Not surprisingly they have NONE. It seems, in typical Audi fashion, it seems that I know more about the vehicle than the salespeople. You can't spec out a car at the dealership or even begin to enter a pre order, As we know, the MY AUDI section of AusiUSA has been useless for information. Has anyone else had any success in moving to the the next step?
Hi macwm,

I've also made a reservation. I stopped by my dealership and they were aware of the process. They told me there was nothing I needed to do locally right now. There's a checklist in the reservation section of myaudi. Step 4 says that the dealership will contact the customer as the delivery approaches. I agree there is some vagueness in the details but I cut them some slack since we're 6+ months out from delivery. The my audi reservation details, FAQ, checklist, and emails aren't perfect but overall not too bad either.

Congratulations on the reservation. Which configuration have you selected. Mine is the Edition One, so basically no configuration choices.

Alex
Old 10-09-2018, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That is irritating. I've found the same thing. I'm still wondering if for the Edition One we can add the heated rear seats and other stuff. I can't imagine why we couldn't load up an Edition One, but who knows!? There's no one to talk to, right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 e-tron Reservation List

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: