Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

500 miles and needing service...UGH!

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

500 miles and needing service...UGH!

 
Old 05-19-2019, 01:14 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 49
Default 500 miles and needing service...UGH!

I picked up our E1 about two weeks ago and on Friday, 10, yes, 10 fault or warning alerts started coming through...takes 1 minute for the MMI to go through each alert (see video). I immediately drove it to the dealer and they reset the module. After a reset, the warning alerts are still there. They said it is safe to drive as I wanted it for the weekend but tey said they need me to bring it back on Monday so they can get Audi Tech support on the phone to see if they can diagnose the problem. Fingers crossed it is just a software update or reload as I fear the wait for any parts that may need to be shipped from the German mothership.

I have a lot of people that would like to test drive or go for a ride and I hate telling them about the issues it is having as I don't want them to have a bad first impression.

Will keep the forum updated as I hear more from the dealer this week.

Last edited by Traveler29; 05-19-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Traveler29 is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 02:38 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 38
Default

Sorry to here it. I have 854 miles on the car so far, and haven't experienced any fault or alerts. Keep us posted as to what happens on Monday.
mmulet is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 05:53 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 16
Default

Look at the bright side! Had you bought "the other electric SUV", it would have been parked against the wall for 3 weeks at the "dealer" and then you'd wait for another 4 weeks for parts and after that you'd get your car back with half the issues still unresolved.

Tronification is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:19 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 49
Default

Heard back from the Service Manager at 5:00pm today "We are still jumping through some hoops with the testing of your car. The driver's assistance module does appear to be faulty, we are just waiting for a call back from technical assistance, so it won't be ready tonight"

Still crossing my fingers that they don't have to replace the module and can just upgrade or flash the software within the module. Afraid that if it is a part issue, it will take 2 weeks or more to get the part from the motherland.
Traveler29 is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 10:45 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Adirondacks, NY USA
Posts: 71
Default

Originally Posted by Traveler29 View Post
Heard back from the Service Manager at 5:00pm today "We are still jumping through some hoops with the testing of your car. The driver's assistance module does appear to be faulty, we are just waiting for a call back from technical assistance, so it won't be ready tonight"

Still crossing my fingers that they don't have to replace the module and can just upgrade or flash the software within the module. Afraid that if it is a part issue, it will take 2 weeks or more to get the part from the motherland.
Were scheduled to take a 90 mile ride down to our nearest dealer, and have a sensor error fixed. kinda weak to get a car right off the production line and have it be faulty. with all the delays and hype, one would have thought that the kinks and bugs were ironed out prior to launch...good news is that our dealer is being helpful, and so is AUDI USA Etron team.
suprspdway is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 03:44 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 105
Default

Originally Posted by Tronification View Post
Look at the bright side! Had you bought "the other electric SUV", it would have been parked against the wall for 3 weeks at the "dealer" and then you'd wait for another 4 weeks for parts and after that you'd get your car back with half the issues still unresolved.

Perhaps you should hold your snark until Traveler29 actually gets his e-tron repaired. Have you ever dealt with Audi service? I have, and my Tesla service experience, which was once in 19k miles so far, was miles better.

Traveler29, I hope they get things sorted, and quickly. The e-tron is a nice looking ride.
Driver1.8 is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 04:06 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 631
Default

Originally Posted by Driver1.8 View Post
Perhaps you should hold your snark until Traveler29 actually gets his e-tron repaired. Have you ever dealt with Audi service? I have, and my Tesla service experience, which was once in 19k miles so far, was miles better.

Traveler29, I hope they get things sorted, and quickly. The e-tron is a nice looking ride.
I don't know, I thought tronification's "snark" sounded a lot like Tesla Bjorn's actual experience getting his X serviced. Well documented by the known Norwegian Tesla fanboy on his YouTube channel.
LavaGrau_A3 is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 04:21 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 49
Default

Update - Dealership called and said they needed to order a new module and it would be 3-4 days for the part to arrive. Fingers still crossed it is only 3-4....
Traveler29 is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 38
Default

Well, I'm embarrassed to admit, but I lost my Audi Security right after picking up the car. They had to order a new one from Germany; they ordered it on a Monday and it arrived by Friday, so that would be within the 3-4 days. So, hopefully that will be true for you, too.
mmulet is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 09:23 AM
  #10  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 49
Default

Update. Still at the dealership, day 8. Replaced the module and now canít get the fault to clear. Said they had to wait and talk to Audi Technical Assistance on Tuesday.
Honestly, it does get embarrassing when neighbors and friends ask about it and why I am driving a loaner when I just got a new car. Not making a good first impression with my friends and neighbors.
Traveler29 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 500 miles and needing service...UGH!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: