Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Audi Care. Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Audi Care. Yes or No?

The lack of a conventional ICE makes me wonder whether Audi Care is a worthwhile addition. I have it for my 2017 S6 and I've only serviced the car three times as I've only driven 8500 miles in 2-1/2 years. With no oil changes, or transmission to speak of, what are your thoughts on purchasing Audi Care for the e-tron, considering we don't yet know what traditional "service" will be on a BEV?
Old 04-18-2019, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe
The lack of a conventional ICE makes me wonder whether Audi Care is a worthwhile addition. I have it for my 2017 S6 and I've only serviced the car three times as I've only driven 8500 miles in 2-1/2 years. With no oil changes, or transmission to speak of, what are your thoughts on purchasing Audi Care for the e-tron, considering we don't yet know what traditional "service" will be on a BEV?
I have a question about roadside assistance too - I believe (like AAA) you could get a gallon of gas delivered if you ran out - what happens if you run your battery to 0% - do you get towed/flat bedded to the nearest charging station?
Old 04-18-2019, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeffbtx
I have a question about roadside assistance too - I believe (like AAA) you could get a gallon of gas delivered if you ran out - what happens if you run your battery to 0% - do you get towed/flat bedded to the nearest charging station?
Maybe Audi could remotely "release" the battery reserve/buffer!
Old 04-18-2019, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I had an i3 for 3 years, and the only service the car received was to replace the cabin air filter and to change the oil on the Range Extender engine. Even for an ICE, if you aren't driving 20,000 miles per year, it seems like a bad idea. For an EV? Doubly so.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ted99
I had an i3 for 3 years, and the only service the car received was to replace the cabin air filter and to change the oil on the Range Extender engine. Even for an ICE, if you aren't driving 20,000 miles per year, it seems like a bad idea. For an EV? Doubly so.
I agree here, my Chevy Volt has needed almost nothing with respect to EV maintenance over 8 years. I still think annual services are a good idea but I think the e-tron should be in the lower Audi Care pricing tier ($799), not the mid tier ($999).
Old 04-18-2019, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1. My BMW i3 has required nearly no maintenance. I am not planning to pay for Audi Care as EV's are dramatically simpler than combustion engines.

That said, don't hesitate to have the dealer fix any squeaks, or sounds coming from the body / chassis. EV's are so quiet that you hear it all.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ted99
That's what I figured. I didn't pre-order it and I definitely won't get it now.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:16 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe
The maintenance is priced at $999 and covers significantly more miles/service intervals than my current Q7 Audi Care contract which i believe i paid around $1200 for. There will clearly be less maintenance needed on the e-tron but the maintenance schedule has not yet been released to my knowledge so we'll have to wait and see what they are recommending. I didn't buy Audi Care with my e-tron order because i think it may be something i can negotiate on at time of purchase. It's a better deal than buying the services individually, and i don't see servicing the e-tron at an independent facility as i generally do with my ICE Audi's after they get older, so it seems to make sense, especially if i can buy it at a discount.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
I didn't buy Audi Care with my e-tron order because i think it may be something i can negotiate on at time of purchase. It's a better deal than buying the services individually, and i don't see servicing the e-tron at an independent facility as i generally do with my ICE Audi's after they get older, so it seems to make sense, especially if i can buy it at a discount.
My thinking as well. Something to try if all else fails. That and a cargo cover.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer, who is a friend, told me the service is required to maintain the Warranty. The "Audi Care " option is about 50% of the actual cost of the required service over the 4 year period.

Quick Reply: Audi Care. Yes or No?