Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

Audi Care. Yes or No?

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

Audi Care. Yes or No?

Old 04-20-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffSmith View Post
My dealer, who is a friend, told me the service is required to maintain the Warranty.
I'm not sure whether it's legal to require the purchase of a separate service contract to maintain the warranty, at least not in all states; that statement sounds like typical sketchy sales-speak to me.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Do some research on the Moss-Ferguson Act. You do NOT need to use the dealer for any service, nor do you have to use any shop, if you wish to do the work yourself. As long as the required maintenance items are addressed (with receipts/proof) then the warranty stays intact. You might want to consider how much of a "friend" this guy may be??

Edit: here is the first link I stumbled across that relates to this question: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

Sorry I am on my phone or I would have made a clicky

Last edited by Jibsymalone; 04-20-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jibsymalone View Post
Do some research on the Moss-Ferguson Act. You do NOT need to use the dealer for any service, nor do you have to use any shop, if you wish to do the work yourself. As long as the required maintenance items are addressed (with receipts/proof) then the warranty stays intact. You might want to consider how much of a "friend" this guy may be??

Edit: here is the first link I stumbled across that relates to this question: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

Sorry I am on my phone or I would have made a clicky
Close...but it's Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffbtx
Close...but it's Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Lol I swear I wrote Moss-Magnuson act (still wrong I know, but closer) the intent of my post still stands, as does the source cited (which was correctly stated) I guess spellcheck got me or something? I apologize, I will go back to my corner now...
Old 04-20-2019, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Does anyone have a copy of the manual with a list of what services are required during the first 50k miles? AudiCare covers oil changes, oil filters, engine air filters, cabin air filters, spark plugs, transmission fluid changes (when necessary), brake fluid changes and general safety inspections. On the eTron the only items remaining on the list are cabin air filters, brake fluid and safety inspections. Perhaps there is also battery pack cooling fluid inspection. What is there to cover with AudiCare that is worth $999?
Old 04-20-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

The user manual is posted here:
https://mega.nz/#!2x1WnIxS!inR3bSxad...Y1acuXVsC1Fvlo

However, the 2019 Audi maintenance schedule hasn't been updated for e-tron yet.
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-Year-2019.pdf
Old 06-29-2019, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi Care: Yes or No?

Now that a good number of e-trons have been delivered, Iím wondering what the opinion of the new owners is regarding purchasing or not purchasing Audi Care with the e-tron?
Old 06-29-2019, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh e-tron View Post
Now that a good number of e-trons have been delivered, Iím wondering what the opinion of the new owners is regarding purchasing or not purchasing Audi Care with the e-tron?
I purchased it. Regardless of whether itís an ICE vehicle or an EV itís still needs to be serviced. Iíve always been of the opinion that you donít have Audi Care then youíll pay through the roof when you take it in for a service.

keep in mind that servicing is not just about mechanical parts now. They do apply software updates etc as well.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hrc1079 View Post
I purchased it. Regardless of whether itís an ICE vehicle or an EV itís still needs to be serviced. Iíve always been of the opinion that you donít have Audi Care then youíll pay through the roof when you take it in for a service.

keep in mind that servicing is not just about mechanical parts now. They do apply software updates etc as well.
Also, if youíre leasing, Audi Care improves your residual
Old 06-30-2019, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S7maybe View Post
Also, if youíre leasing, Audi Care improves your residual
Correct, it's essentially free if you're leasing so it's a no brainer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Care. Yes or No?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: