Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Audi Charging System

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi Charging System

I’m a little disappointed that the included charging system didn’t come with a wall mount bracket. Did anyone get this? It shows it in the owners manual (pg 119), but it has that pesky note “for vehicles with wall mount kit” 🙄.

I also can’t find the part on the Audi site. I think this makes more sense for me than buying a separate Juice Box.
The following users liked this post:
Daniel Zinnikas (02-22-2020)
Old 05-05-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFan02
I’m a little disappointed that the included charging system didn’t come with a wall mount bracket. Did anyone get this? It shows it in the owners manual (pg 119), but it has that pesky note “for vehicles with wall mount kit” 🙄.

I also can’t find the part on the Audi site. I think this makes more sense for me than buying a separate Juice Box.
One of these wasn't included? Check with your dealer.

https://www.ebay.com/i/232755923959?chn=ps
Old 05-05-2019, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

The wall mount doesn't come with my E1 neither.

at the eBay seller page ( ECS tuning , which btw I've ordered from many times in the past decades) https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ger/8v4915899/
it reads it fits A3 e-tron ( hybride )

Are we sure, both vehicle use the same size ( dimensions and 9.6kW) unit?

Last edited by 2KA6_2.7T; 05-05-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2KA6_2.7T
My E1 doesn't come with my E1 neither.

at the eBay seller page ( ECS tuning , which btw I've ordered from many times in the past decades) https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ger/8v4915899/
it reads it fits A3 e-tron ( hybride )

Are we sure, both vehicle use the same size ( dimensions and 9.6kW) unit?
I know it fits the Porsche charger and the ad says for VW too so I'm guessing that VAG only specs one size, Some of the folks taking delivery this week may chime in and say whether or not they received a mounting bracket and if so, the dimensions. OP should take a look in all the special compartments in his new car to make sure they didn't hide it somewhere.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Picked mine up yesterday... No mounting bracket. If someone figures out the correct part #, i'll order one. I'm hesitant that the A3 bracket will work.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mjeaton
Picked mine up yesterday... No mounting bracket. If someone figures out the correct part #, i'll order one. I'm hesitant that the A3 bracket will work.
Check to see if your Audi dealer has an A3 one to compare sizes or if you have a close by Porsche dealer check with their parts department for the bracket that the Panamera and Cayenne PHEV use. Maybe they have one in stock you could compare to your charger.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have a list of several questions for my sales person, including if this wall mount was supposed to be included. I am guessing not... I also will ask for info on ordering the part. This seems ideal for me— it looks like it would be easy to remove the pod from the wall if you wanted to take it for a trip. I’ll report back.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiFan02
I have a list of several questions for my sales person, including if this wall mount was supposed to be included. I am guessing not... I also will ask for info on ordering the part. This seems ideal for me— it looks like it would be easy to remove the pod from the wall if you wanted to take it for a trip. I’ll report back.
With my Porsche Cayenne PHEV it was included with an assortment of plugs - 120v for regular electric hookup, NEMA for the 240v Level 2 hookup, etc. Surprised Audi didn't include it.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Was not included with my car either. I have also messaged my salesperson to see what she says about either getting one or whether the A3 mount works.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Audi doesn't include wall mounting bracket with their EVSE. They didn't include it in my A3 e-tron and not in this e-tron either. You can purchase it separately as an accessory.

Quick Reply: Audi Charging System