Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

AudiCare and Extended Warranty Packages

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default AudiCare and Extended Warranty Packages

Here's what I know of:
  • Wheel & Tire (including curb rash)
  • AudiCare at Q5 pricing levels (1st service already included)
  • A new "Tech Package" that is ~$1,600 and covers all electronics
  • An Audi extended warranty
Of course, the car has the 4/50 overall with 8 year 100K battery already. We're thinking of picking up the Wheel & Tire package, since those are big wheels on the E1 and we have lots of potholes. Does anyone know of other service options or whether they're good deal?
Old 05-03-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 160 Likes on 115 Posts

Be careful and read the fine print on the wheel and tire package. One of the guys on the B9 A4 forum bought one from Audi and it only covers the wheel if it cannot hold air and you can bend a wheel pretty badly and it will still not leak. Apparently for the A4 there is more than one Wheel and Tire protection package and some have better coverage than others. Buyer beware.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schalliol
Here's what I know of:
  • Wheel & Tire (including curb rash)
  • AudiCare at Q5 pricing levels (1st service already included)
  • A new "Tech Package" that is ~$1,600 and covers all electronics
  • An Audi extended warranty
Of course, the car has the 4/50 overall with 8 year 100K battery already. We're thinking of picking up the Wheel & Tire package, since those are big wheels on the E1 and we have lots of potholes. Does anyone know of other service options or whether they're good deal?
Are you planning to buy, or lease? I always lease and decline all the adds due to only having the car for three years.

I know people have had good luck with the tire and wheel insurance. I was with someone the other day who had three of her Q5 wheels fixed from curb rash and one other damaged from a flat tire. (Personally, I was a little worried about her driving ability....). She was thrilled that she had bought it.

It sounds like you are having better luck than me with our Indy dealer!

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2019, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good to watch out if there are different versions. With bad potholes and 21” wheels, I think the wheel and tire protection is a good idea. Unclear about the others.

Audi Indianapolis/Tom Wood does a good job. On this order, there’s nothing much the dealer really had much to do with it, but they’re nice folks. PM me if you want to talk about it.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

I got the tire package on my leased 535d because you have to replace the tires at the end of the lease. It was cheaper to get the coverage than buy a new set of run flats
Old 05-03-2019, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Good to watch out if there are different versions. With bad potholes and 21” wheels, I think the wheel and tire protection is a good idea. Unclear about the others.

Audi Indianapolis/Tom Wood does a good job. On this order, there’s nothing much the dealer really had much to do with it, but they’re nice folks. PM me if you want to talk about it.
We are close on lease figures. It’s just the game playing that gets frustrating. I’m a little complicated by the fact I am doing an early lease termination on my A4 because the timing didn’t work out right. Part of me thinks I should let the EditionOne go and enter a new reservation so I can burn thru the last few months of my lease. We’ll see what happens!
Old 05-03-2019, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiFan02
Are you planning to buy, or lease? I always lease and decline all the adds due to only having the car for three years.
I always buy. It’s a rare occasion where a lease is better financially when I’ve seen. My dad got the first year V10 M5 and leased it because it was an amazing deal, and that was great because the thing broke down all the time.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFan02
We are close on lease figures. It’s just the game playing that gets frustrating. I’m a little complicated by the fact I am doing an early lease termination on my A4 because the timing didn’t work out right. Part of me thinks I should let the EditionOne go and enter a new reservation so I can burn thru the last few months of my lease. We’ll see what happens!
Yes. This is why I waited until December to place my order. Early lease termination is usually expensive.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I always buy. It’s a rare occasion where a lease is better financially when I’ve seen. My dad got the first year V10 M5 and leased it because it was an amazing deal, and that was great because the thing broke down all the time.
Lets be honest — there’s not much financial sense in my car habit. Period. 😂
Old 05-03-2019, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You aren’t wrong about that!

Quick Reply: AudiCare and Extended Warranty Packages