Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Auto Park Features

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Auto Park Features

Has anyone tried to use the auto parking feature? Its in the manual, but I can't seem to find how to engage it. Im wondering if its a future software update...
Old 05-10-2019, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

I don’t think it’s on the US version.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

It was mentioned elsewhere in the forum that it can be purchased and enabled via a software update in the MMI at some point in the future. No idea when that may be.

I've had self park on several BMW's now, and the tech is really disappointing and effectively unusable because of the time it takes to line the car up, have it identify a space, engage the system, etc. If anyone is waiting on you, they will get upset in a hurry. It's much quicker for me to just parallel park myself, for example. I would let someone else be the guinea pig for this car and see how well it works (or not) before considering adding it if we're ever given the opportunity to do so.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Honestly, with the 3D camera views, anyone should be able to parallel park themselves with curb rash on their rims.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMcDnald
...anyone should be able to parallel park themselves with curb rash on their rims.
That's really easy. Doing it without the curb rash is the tricky way.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Oopsie!
Old 05-14-2019, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

So I figured out the auto park features. I was looking at a digital copy of an eTron owners manual which may be a EU version in English that I found on one of these forums. When I compared that to my paper copy these pages were omitted. Looks like a very sophisticated system.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The US usually gets good auto parking left out. Same with the new Leaf. I wonder if there are some regulations the manufacturers would just rather not deal with.

Regardless, I've never been a fan of any auto park that I've been able to use. It's always too slow.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pkulak
The US usually gets good auto parking left out. Same with the new Leaf. I wonder if there are some regulations the manufacturers would just rather not deal with.

Regardless, I've never been a fan of any auto park that I've been able to use. It's always too slow.
I'm pretty happy with the auto park in our Pacifica. Not 100% but it is useful. Sometimes it seems like it's trying some type of perfect parking that's impossible to get any better
Old 05-15-2019, 05:48 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

My sales rep claims they're going to add it later via software update. I doubt it but we'll see.

Quick Reply: Auto Park Features