Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

A Better Routeplanner (ABRP)

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

A Better Routeplanner (ABRP)

Old 03-06-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Better Routeplanner (ABRP)

Just in case you aren't familiar with it, "A Better Routeplanner" (abetterrouteplanner.com) is one of the best EV route planning tools available. It also has real time vehicle data integration. The e-tron was was added (in beta) a few months ago. This tool takes in to account most of the variables important to EV drivers. You can add headwind, wet/snowy road, SoC preferences, and it will take in to account elevation changes. Consumption for most EVs is from real world telemetry data and the e-tron consumption is from estimate. The reality of a long distance e-tron drive can be a bit discouraging right now until the charging network is better. Add a slight headwind, wet roads, and low ambient temperature and it might tell you to drive at very low speed or maybe no route at all. Some routes go through non-EA chargers so the charge times can add up. It's interesting to flip through the EVs to see how much efficiency, range, and charging network matters to the whole trip time.

The blog also has a lot of good data, https://forum.abetterrouteplanner.com/blogs/
Old 03-06-2019, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't know about this. Thanks for the link! Planning my first drive up to Eugene and the results look better than I had expected given the climb by Shasta. Two more Electrify America openings (scheduled by 7/1) and it'll cut the drive time by :45 over using Chargepoint.

Last edited by LavaGrau_A3; 03-06-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donate? Or is this a subscription service?

[Edit: that tool is pretty darned cool. Audi should have that in the MMI. I bet Tesla does. (?) ]

Last edited by BlackOptic; 03-06-2019 at 08:08 PM.