AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   Boston E-Tron Club (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/boston-e-tron-club-2969630/)

Photonix 03-28-2019 07:53 PM

Boston E-Tron Club

It looks like we have a good number of E-tron early adopters in the Boston area (and nearby). I'd like to propose that we establish an informal regional club. First one to take delivery becomes the honorary Chairperson and is responsible for setting a date, time and place for the first meetup.

Who's in?

DMcDnald 03-29-2019 02:42 AM

I'm in. It will be interesting to compare notes. My reservation date was 12-1-18, so I'm looking at later summer-early fall for delivery.

Photonix 03-29-2019 03:30 AM

Galaxy Blue Prestige / Black Interior (21" turbine wheels, towing package). Reservation date: 9/15. Lock date of 3/8. MyAudi still at config locked state but a call to Audi support confirmed a 4/5 scheduled build date.

2KA6_2.7T 03-29-2019 03:37 AM

subscribing to this thread, as I am not only 1 state over in southern CT. Ordered 9/18, Edition 1. I don't mind driving up for a touch-a-truck meetup !

Photonix 03-29-2019 03:46 AM

Welcome aboard Gerry. With an Edition 1 and your proximity to the RI shipping terminal you may be the first to take delivery!

Carl

e-tronDriver 03-29-2019 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Photonix (Post 25295980)
Galaxy Blue Prestige / Black Interior (21" turbine wheels, towing package). Reservation date: 9/15. Lock date of 3/8. MyAudi still at config locked state but a call to Audi support confirmed a 4/5 scheduled build date.

Same config and dates for me. I'm in Medfield, MA. Let's get this party started!
-Chris

DMcDnald 03-29-2019 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2KA6_2.7T (Post 25295984)
subscribing to this thread, as I am not only 1 state over in southern CT. Ordered 9/18, Edition 1. I don't mind driving up for a touch-a-truck meetup !

Alright! May I suggest that a location be based upon an Electrify America charging site, where we could use some of our 1000 kWh free charging. Currently in MA that should include Braintree or Chicopee.

Nickel Slots 03-30-2019 10:14 AM

With so many folks here from the Boston area, I'm wondering which dealers you recommend. I live very close to Boston, but I've heard nothing but bad things about the dealer closest to me, particularly their service department.

Since the e-Tron is fairly new tech for Audi (and it doesn't appear to do OTA updates) I'm looking to work with a great dealer, particularly on the service side. Which dealer should I pick?

Thanks!

dhkaufman 03-30-2019 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by DMcDnald (Post 25296050)
Alright! May I suggest that a location be based upon an Electrify America charging site, where we could use some of our 1000 kWh free charging. Currently in MA that should include Braintree or Chicopee.

Coming soon to Auburn and the Burlington Mall! But it sounds like the e-trons may be coming sooner than those Electrify America sites. PlugShare says there's an operating site at the Alltown Fresh in Plymouth, too...

I ordered an Antigua Blue Premium Plus, reserved 9/18, locked 3/8, dealer says production 4/5 and ETA 6/8. Looking forward to the car & the Boston-area meetup.

DMcDnald 03-30-2019 01:46 PM

The Tesla supercharger network has a huge advantage on us at the moment. I have been working with Westwood Audi for a while now. I have always been pleased with their service. Free loaners with unlimited miles. The BMW dealer I go to states that one of the advantages of using them is availability of loaners, but they have never provided one.