Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Boston E-Tron Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlear
This is a current Audi incentive available to anyone with 2009 or newer Audi. My 2008 S5 seems to be out of luck.
This incentive currently expires July 1st, but they usually perpetually extend this one, so hopefully it will still apply in July/August.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edition 1 available

I’m choking on the lease rates and the E1 that’s waiting for me at Audi Natick may become available. Beautiful interior. Low range gives me concern about ski trips in the winter and I was told that there is no tow hitch hardware available.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Oddly, the towing package is available on all trim levels except the Edition One. Makes no sense to me and I think Audi missed the mark by excluding this option from its marquee offering.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT Jones
...the E1 that’s waiting for me at Audi Natick...
I saw your E1last week when I was there for a test drive. Great looking car, and I almost went for it, but ultimately decided to wait for the Prestige I have on order, due in July. It seems likely that the later rounds of manufacturing will benefit from fewer glitches, and none of the Edition 1 features are crucial for me. Also, I’m hoping that if sales aren’t brisk enough in the early weeks there may be a more favorable lease deal available by then. Still, delayed gratification is hard. Ask any kid who’s taken the Marshmallow Test.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

After more than 30 days "In Production" my car is finally leaving "Leaving the Factory." Hope this bodes well for others waiting in the queue. I was extremely tempted to switch into the Edition One (which are in plentiful supply everywhere now) but knew I would have regretted losing the towing package (needed primarily for a bike rack) and I really like the 15-spoke turbine wheels I ordered. Now I am waiting for one of the following events to occur. (1) A strike at the shipping terminal, (2) An off season Atlantic hurricane, (3) A broken windshield while on the car carrier. You think me paranoid; one of these things happened to me when I ordered a Model X immediately after it was first announced. I guess it does not take a genius to rule out (1) and (2). That is a long story which illustrates just how many things can go wrong between now and when I take delivery. I will hold my breath until then and hope for the best.

To finish the Tesla story, it took weeks to get a replacement windshield. Only after it arrived did they realize a special jig was needed to install it properly (given its massive size and weight), several more weeks passed while one was shipped from Fremont. Because it was the first windshield replacement ever done by folks outside the factory, mistakes were made, including damage to the paint. At this point, two and a half years after placing my reservation, I decided to reject delivery. For $120K, I wanted a new car that had not been pre-damaged and repaired. When Tesla refused to transfer my reservation to another car (even one at the back of the queue), I walked away from my $5K deposit which was no longer refundable. To their credit, Tesla returned my deposit after I wrote a polite but searing note addressed to Elon Musk detailing my experience. Because they did the right thing, I have remained open to the brand and actually considered one again when the EPA mileage for the e-tron was announced. Barring any negative revelations from new owners, however, I am still of the mind to stay with the e-tron although the i-Pace left me mostly impressed and my local dealer has 12 in stock.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Photonix
but knew I would have regretted losing the towing package (needed primarily for a bike rack)
Can't you add the towing adapter after the fact, at the dealer?
Old 05-16-2019, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I inquired about this and was informed that it was possible but VERY expensive. Apparently to add the tow package after the fact requires removing the entire rear bumper assembly which is labor intensive. In addition, the parts would have to be ordered from the factory and that would take some time as well. Dealer basically assured me that the cost would be prohibitive. In retrospect, I should have got the number anyway.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

As a point of reference, on my Q7 it was $2500 for the Audi dealership to install a tow hitch.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Experience with Audi Natick

In response to my question earlier in this thread about another member’s negative experience at Audi Natick, I got a private message from the sales manager there asking me to meet with them and see for myself. As I replied to him, I had already visited there for a test drive, and I was very happy with the experience. The salesman actually understood the car, and was helpful in explaining the production and delivery process.

My e-tron is due in late July or early August, so we’ll see then what the process is like for handling trade-in, lease terms, etc., but so far, so good.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by tangible
In response to my question earlier in this thread about another member’s negative experience at Audi Natick, I got a private message from the sales manager there asking me to meet with them and see for myself. As I replied to him, I had already visited there for a test drive, and I was very happy with the experience. The salesman actually understood the car, and was helpful in explaining the production and delivery process.

My e-tron is due in late July or early August, so we’ll see then what the process is like for handling trade-in, lease terms, etc., but so far, so good.
Just to clarify, my negative experiences involved service visits. I do not have experience with their sales staff.

Quick Reply: Boston E-Tron Club