Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Boston E-Tron Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 10:32 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Photonix
After more than 30 days "In Production" my car is finally leaving "Leaving the Factory." Hope this bodes well for others waiting in the queue. I was extremely tempted to switch into the Edition One (which are in plentiful supply everywhere now) but knew I would have regretted losing the towing package (needed primarily for a bike rack) and I really like the 15-spoke turbine wheels I ordered. Now I am waiting for one of the following events to occur. (1) A strike at the shipping terminal, (2) An off season Atlantic hurricane, (3) A broken windshield while on the car carrier. You think me paranoid; one of these things happened to me when I ordered a Model X immediately after it was first announced. I guess it does not take a genius to rule out (1) and (2). That is a long story which illustrates just how many things can go wrong between now and when I take delivery. I will hold my breath until then and hope for the best.
Carl-
My car just left port today on the Columbia Highway. It may be worth a call to your dealer to see if you're literally "in the same boat"...
-Chris
Old 05-22-2019, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,

Thanks for the heads up. I am afraid my estimated ETA for getting on a boat is June 6 per my dealer this morning. Hard to fathom the logistics at play. Regardless, I am very happy that yours is on the water.

If no one else in the Boston e-tron Club has their car yet this will put you in the running for president. According to the bylaws this means you will have to coordinate the first meetup. Sorely hope I am not the last one to the party.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Interestingly, when I check on cars.com and cargurus.com, it appears there are quite a few e-trons in town. Must have been quite a few cancellations.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:44 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Photonix
Chris,

Thanks for the heads up. I am afraid my estimated ETA for getting on a boat is June 6 per my dealer this morning. Hard to fathom the logistics at play. Regardless, I am very happy that yours is on the water.

If no one else in the Boston e-tron Club has their car yet this will put you in the running for president. According to the bylaws this means you will have to coordinate the first meetup. Sorely hope I am not the last one to the party.
I think there are a few Edition One folks on here that already have their cars but I'm happy to take the gavel if needed.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Massachusetts EZ-Pass

Does anyone know if the built-in toll transponder will work with EZ-Pass in MA, both the toll booth replacements and the high speed overhead gantries on the Pike? If so, what's the process for getting it registered?
Old 05-27-2019, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tangible
Does anyone know if the built-in toll transponder will work with EZ-Pass in MA, both the toll booth replacements and the high speed overhead gantries on the Pike? If so, what's the process for getting it registered?
Yes it will work. Once you get the vehicle, the ITM (Intergrated Toll Module) will have a code that you obtain from the MMI. Then you go online to Bestpass and set up an account with the code. There is a $10 annual fee for regional coverage and $20 for national coverage. There is also a $5 one time fee that they waive if you get national coverage. Then you essentially don't need your EZ-Pass account anymore as EZ-Pass reads the transponder and bills Bestpass who in turn bills your account.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know if the e-tron is eligible for the $1500 incentive in MA?
Old 05-29-2019, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DMcDnald
Does anyone know if the e-tron is eligible for the $1500 incentive in MA?
It is not. The MA rebate is only available for cars with an MSRP below a certain amount, $30,000 I think, but in any case well under any e-tron.

I’ve been told that this rule was added to the law under pressure from the powerful car dealers’ lobby, as a backdoor way of making only the hated Teslas ineligible. Now that they’re selling expensive EVs themselves, they probably regret it.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by njjoe
Yes it will work. Once you get the vehicle, the ITM (Intergrated Toll Module) will have a code that you obtain from the MMI. Then you go online to Bestpass and set up an account with the code. There is a $10 annual fee for regional coverage and $20 for national coverage. There is also a $5 one time fee that they waive if you get national coverage. Then you essentially don't need your EZ-Pass account anymore as EZ-Pass reads the transponder and bills Bestpass who in turn bills your account.
That’s bad news, from my perspective. I already have an EZ-pass account, and will still need it for my other cars. There’s no annual fee, and one account covers my three transponders.

National coverage is nice in theory, but my guess is that few e-tron owners plan to travel far from home until there’s a robust DC charging infrastructure in place.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tangible
That’s bad news, from my perspective. I already have an EZ-pass account, and will still need it for my other cars. There’s no annual fee, and one account covers my three transponders.

National coverage is nice in theory, but my guess is that few e-tron owners plan to travel far from home until there’s a robust DC charging infrastructure in place.
I suppose I'll just transfer my current transponder to the e-tron. Cheap and easy. In terms of the MA EV credit, I think the limit is $50,000. I wish we could get an EV break on the yearly excise tax. I know other states are considering increasing registration fees for EVs to compensate for the gas tax. In the end, the tax man always wins.

Last edited by DMcDnald; 05-30-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Boston E-Tron Club