Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Boston E-Tron Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My car is finally on the water (apparently has been for some time). Dealer says it should be here in "early June". Struggling now with a decision to keep my i3, trade it in, or sell it privately.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:45 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Photonix
My car is finally on the water (apparently has been for some time). Dealer says it should be here in "early June". Struggling now with a decision to keep my i3, trade it in, or sell it privately.
I am asking myself the same question with my Golf R. I think I'm going to trade it in, unless they screw me over with the trade-in value. That's the easiest scenario. I'd like to keep it but I don't have the garage/driveway space. I was originally going to try to sell it privately but that's a huge hassle. Plus a trade-in will reduce the sales tax on the new car by about $1500, which is probably about how much more I'd make with a private sale vs. the trade-in value. So it's close to a wash, money-wise.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:52 AM
Club AutoUnion

If you call the dealer and get the vessel name, you can look it up on marinetraffic.com and see the arrival date in the Davisville Rhode Island port (USDVV is the port code). If you're on the Columbia Highway like I am, it docks overnight tonight!
Old 05-31-2019, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
If you call the dealer and get the vessel name, you can look it up on marinetraffic.com and see the arrival date in the Davisville Rhode Island port (USDVV is the port code). If you're on the Columbia Highway like I am, it docks overnight tonight!
You could also be on the Primrose Ace which offloaded in Davisville yesterday and is now on its way to Houston, its next port of call (where my car gets offloaded!).
Old 06-01-2019, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Must have been on the Columbia Highway. I received an e-mail from my dealer this afternoon stating "your vehicle was truck loaded, and is en route." I am guessing it will arrive within the week.

I have decided to sell my i3 privately. There is a $3K difference in the average trade in value and and the average private sale value. Sales tax savings would only be around $650. I spent the afternoon moving my charger to better accommodate the e-tron (front left charge port) compared to the i3 (right rear). I could have left things as they were but that would have required backing into my garage everyday, something I would have grown weary of quickly. I have never leased a car and am now trying to decide if that makes sense. I see that many are going that route because of the expected rapid depreciation (certainly holding true for my i3). Also going to check and see if my 2011 Q5 will qualify for the $750 loyalty rebate.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Club AutoUnion

Must have been on the Columbia Highway. I received an e-mail from my dealer this afternoon stating "your vehicle was truck loaded, and is en route." I am guessing it will arrive within the week.

I have decided to sell my i3 privately. There is a $3K difference in the average trade in value and and the average private sale value. Sales tax savings would only be around $650. I spent the afternoon moving my charger to better accommodate the e-tron (front left charge port) compared to the i3 (right rear). I could have left things as they were but that would have required backing into my garage everyday, something I would have grown weary of quickly. I have never leased a car and am now trying to decide if that makes sense. I see that many are going that route because of the expected rapid depreciation (certainly holding true for my i3). Also going to check and see if my 2011 Q5 will qualify for the $750 loyalty rebate.
You must have been on the Primrose Ace, the Columbia Highway has been delayed 48 hours and is currently sitting below Long Island, not moving. It's now due to dock late Monday night in Davisville.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Two days sitting in Long Island sound! What the hell? Did they stop to get a little fishing in? Are they whale watching? That really sucks. Almost glad now that I was not able to get my vessel name. This kind of thing would have made me crazy.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Could be worse. At least your e-tron is not still sitting in Brussels. You're very close. I have yet to see any e-trons on the road in the Boston area.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Club AutoUnion

Two days sitting in Long Island sound! What the hell? Did they stop to get a little fishing in? Are they whale watching? That really sucks. Almost glad now that I was not able to get my vessel name. This kind of thing would have made me crazy.
Initially i thought that they had to wait for the port to be available due to other ships offloading, but there are no other ships there right now. So maybe VW/Audi's storage lot is full and they need to wait for some vehicles to be trucked out before they can offload more inventory.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Could it be that the Davisville port is closed on weekends. Seems very unlikely but the timing seems to line up. My i3 is now listed on eBay Motors, Craig's List and Cars.com. Spent the day getting it ready for sale and taking some photos. Its been a while since I sold a car privately and hope these are the right places to try and sell. CL Listing

Quick Reply: Boston E-Tron Club