Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Boston E-Tron Club

Old 06-03-2019, 05:30 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Photonix
Could it be that the Davisville port is closed on weekends. Seems very unlikely but the timing seems to line up. My i3 is now listed on eBay Motors, Craig's List and Cars.com. Spent the day getting it ready for sale and taking some photos. Its been a while since I sold a car privately and hope these are the right places to try and sell. CL Listing
I considered listing my Golf R on ebay motors but the 10% seller fee would negate most of the difference I'd gain by selling vs. trading in. If the dealer low-ball me on the trade-in, I'll reconsider.
The Columbia Highway docked this morning so maybe your "closed on weekends" theory is legit. Do you have a delivery date for your car?
Old 06-03-2019, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless I screwed up big time, using eBay Motors has the following fee structure for "low volume sellers". No listing fee and a flat $125 if you sell the car. Seemed reasonable enough. to me.

My dealer has told me to expect the car in "early June," which is still pretty vague. I have not received the "deposit refund" e-mail yet which seems like it will be the next definitive milestone.
I have reluctantly come to peace with the 204 mile EPA range rating and will accept delivery assuming no funny business with the purchase price. I plan to back out of all the accessories I have ordered (mats, load bars, etc.) unless I get a 20% discount on those items since I can purchase them locally at that price. So far I have not been able to find a definitive reference for the $750 Audi Loyalty rebate so that may not go anywhere.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Club AutoUnion

Unless I screwed up big time, using eBay Motors has the following fee structure for "low volume sellers". No listing fee and a flat $125 if you sell the car. Seemed reasonable enough. to me.

My dealer has told me to expect the car in "early June," which is still pretty vague. I have not received the "deposit refund" e-mail yet which seems like it will be the next definitive milestone.
I have reluctantly come to peace with the 204 mile EPA range rating and will accept delivery assuming no funny business with the purchase price. I plan to back out of all the accessories I have ordered (mats, load bars, etc.) unless I get a 20% discount on those items since I can purchase them locally at that price. So far I have not been able to find a definitive reference for the $750 Audi Loyalty rebate so that may not go anywhere.
OK, I must have been looking at the wrong info on eBay. $125 is reasonable. I was able to find the $750 loyalty discount a few weeks ago on the Audi web site, I'll look again and see if i can find the link. The other thing i'm nervous about with respect to selling my car privately is ensuring that i get legit payment from the buyer. I've seen a lot of reports of fraudulent bank checks and the like so it would be nice to know about "foolproof" way of getting paid with little or no risk.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Club AutoUnion

So far I have not been able to find a definitive reference for the $750 Audi Loyalty rebate so that may not go anywhere.
if you go here: https://www.audiusa.com/special-offers and scroll down (don't enter your zip code), the loyalty offer is listed there under "Returning Audi Customers".
Old 06-03-2019, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
OK, I must have been looking at the wrong info on eBay. $125 is reasonable. I was able to find the $750 loyalty discount a few weeks ago on the Audi web site, I'll look again and see if i can find the link. The other thing i'm nervous about with respect to selling my car privately is ensuring that i get legit payment from the buyer. I've seen a lot of reports of fraudulent bank checks and the like so it would be nice to know about "foolproof" way of getting paid with little or no risk.
Paypal?
Old 06-03-2019, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
I know someone that regularly sells cars privately. He guarantees payment by requesting a wire transfer and verifying it hits his bank before releasing the car.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by avie
I know someone that regularly sells cars privately. He guarantees payment by requesting a wire transfer and verifying it hits his bank before releasing the car.
I have friends who love the Blinker app for selling cars privately.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:15 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by MileHigh e-tron
I have friends who love the Blinker app for selling cars privately.
Blinker looks great but is currently only active in CA, CO, FL and TX.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

e-tronDriver,

Thanks so much for the link. I will let folks know if I am able to get the discount. Also planning to press for 20% discount on all accessories since they can be had at Audi Natick for that price.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Club AutoUnion

e-tronDriver,

Thanks so much for the link. I will let folks know if I am able to get the discount. Also planning to press for 20% discount on all accessories since they can be had at Audi Natick for that price.
If you ordered the accessories on your original reservation, here's another detail: Many of the accessories on the Audi web site are currently priced less than at the time I reserved my car, so there should be additional discounting to be had. It's not a ton of money in the overall scheme of things, but...
For example the Privacy Cargo Cover was listed at $310 when I ordered it with the car, and it's now $280 list. At 20% off it would be $224.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boston E-Tron Club