Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Boston E-Tron Club

Old 06-19-2019, 06:23 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake100
Purchased with loyalty credit.
I think I saw your car there last night. Apologize in advance for peppering you with questions, I'm going in today to work on a deal for my e-tron. Did you have a trade, and if so were they fair on the trade-in value? If you financed, what was the rate?
Old 06-19-2019, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries at all! We definitely share tastes as it appears as though mine is setup exactly the same as yours! I did have a trade and that's where I think I got the most discount - I got them to offer me $3k more than the initial offer to which they'd held firm until I was willing to walk (which I was). If you buy before 7/31, Audi is offering 2.9% for up to 66 months (and I think 3.5% for over 66 months). When I did the math between leasing (not great MF at .0023) and buying at 2.9%, I was better off buying if I don't sell earlier than 36 months (assuming no cash down), so I'm betting I'll keep it a bit or much longer than that (unless something much more interesting comes out). Since a lease locks you for 36 mo (in my case), it's a no brainer aside from more cash flow as the equity is built up. Hope that helps and good luck!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:41 AM
Club AutoUnion

No worries at all! We definitely share tastes as it appears as though mine is setup exactly the same as yours! I did have a trade and that's where I think I got the most discount - I got them to offer me $3k more than the initial offer to which they'd held firm until I was willing to walk (which I was). If you buy before 7/31, Audi is offering 2.9% for up to 66 months (and I think 3.5% for over 66 months). When I did the math between leasing (not great MF at .0023) and buying at 2.9%, I was better off buying if I don't sell earlier than 36 months (assuming no cash down), so I'm betting I'll keep it a bit or much longer than that (unless something much more interesting comes out). Since a lease locks you for 36 mo (in my case), it's a no brainer aside from more cash flow as the equity is built up. Hope that helps and good luck!
Thanks, I'm thinking the same thing with respect to the lease/purchase calculation. It sounds like the 1.9% financing rate that was around a few weeks ago has been replaced with 2.9%, that's a bummer but still a competitive rate.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

1.9% would have been great. Please let us know how you fare today...
Old 06-19-2019, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't get the 1.9% financing should it expire July 1st and I pre-ordered in October 2018. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:44 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by Larry David
I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't get the 1.9% financing should it expire July 1st and I pre-ordered in October 2018. We'll see what happens.
So it appears the 1.9% deal is gone, replaced with 2.9%, subject to the whims of AFS. Still pretty good, considering what normal rates are currently around 1.5X to twice that. I mentioned the fact that i had ordered the car in September and they basically said the only date they care about is the delivery date, with respect to current financing rates.
They low-balled me on the trade, but I was able to get them up $3500 to where I wanted to be. A $100 discount on AudiCare showed up in my FaceBook feed and they honored that, 2 minutes after saying "AudiCare is a service contract and can never be discounted". They also gave me the $750 loyalty discount. I apologize for the huge photo, couldn't figure out how to re-size it...

Galaxy Blue is amazing!
The following users liked this post:
audi40 (07-10-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Congratulations and it looks beautiful! I'm wondering if they actually sold you my car - I didn't expect anyone else to choose that color/wheel combo let alone in the same area. Hopefully, mine's still there somewhere. Would love to compare notes as we break them in - I'm in Needham if you happen to be in metrowest.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I also ordered Galaxy Blue with turbine wheels. I believe we will have several in the Boston metro area. I am in Concord and still waiting for my car which is stuck at the Davisville port since Jun3
Old 06-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Club AutoUnion

Congratulations and it looks beautiful! I'm wondering if they actually sold you my car - I didn't expect anyone else to choose that color/wheel combo let alone in the same area. Hopefully, mine's still there somewhere. Would love to compare notes as we break them in - I'm in Needham if you happen to be in metrowest.
I'm in Medfield, work in Waltham. I saw your car, assuming your VIN ends in 11xxx. Mine ends in 13xxx. I checked to make sure they didn't give me your car!
Old 06-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by Photonix
I also ordered Galaxy Blue with turbine wheels. I believe we will have several in the Boston metro area. I am in Concord and still waiting for my car which is stuck at the Davisville port since Jun3
With that 6/3 arrival date it sounds like yours was on the same ship as mine. You should be getting yours any day I would think.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boston E-Tron Club