Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

To buy a 25kwh Dc and above?

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

To buy a 25kwh Dc and above?

Old 05-14-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My guess is that most people aren’t very sensitive to charging rate when they’re at home or at work, because they have long stretches of time when the vehicle isn’t being used. There are exceptions of course, but the main market demand for fast charging is away from the end points of long trips.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m2man View Post
The ChargePoint 62.5 KW station is like 39 grand. You can additionally hook it to a Power Cube that has 37.5KW modules that will power multiple "pumps" (so you can charge at 150KW or above). The major problem is that it takes 400V 3 phase, which no one has at home.
Ahh yes but I live in a commercially zoned and operated building which we own, and also have a separate business that is commercial. 3 phase is not out of the question. It would be nice to partner with a provider of level 3 hardware.