Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Canadians now invited to Configure

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadians now invited to Configure

Just received my email invitation to configure. While we didn’t get a Launch Edition in Canada, we do get a few interesting other options. Such as the ability to get Night Vision Assistant as a standalone option. We also have the option to select the Contrasting Lower Paint colour. For people who have seen the car in person, I would love any opinions as to what they believe the best paint colour is. I was invited down to The Charge event in San Francisco and saw two — one in Daytona Gray and the other in White with the contrasting lower paint colour. The Canadian product manager I spoke to said his favourite colour was the Siam Beige. What are people’s favourite colour, and would you go for the contrasting paint? From pictures alone, I’m leaning towards Typhoon Gray. Also, we have as an option a right hand charging port. What are people’s view on that? I really appreciate your opinions as I’m going to configure tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.

Last edited by Toronto_Audi; 02-04-2019 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-05-2019, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The bonus that comes with not having a launch edition in Canada is that you can, I think, pick Daytona Gray! IMO that is the finest color every created, pick that and you'll never regret it. I'm not a fan of the contrasting lowers so I'd have them match. GET the right hand charging port, I'm sure it will be handy in some instances. You'll probably regret, at some point, NOT picking that option if you don't configure the car with it.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A4rooster
The bonus that comes with not having a launch edition in Canada is that you can, I think, pick Daytona Gray! IMO that is the finest color every created, pick that and you'll never regret it. I'm not a fan of the contrasting lowers so I'd have them match. GET the right hand charging port, I'm sure it will be handy in some instances. You'll probably regret, at some point, NOT picking that option if you don't configure the car with it.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately Daytona Grey is not offered. We have a Daytona Grey Q7 and I agree it is a fantastic colour. As I toggle back and forth between having the contrasting lower body color and not, I think it is a much cleaner look without. Also, if I do go with Typhoon Grey, then the contrast barely shows up. I'm coming to the conclusion as I look at various combinations that the contrasting lower body really only works on the white, blue and Siam beige. For an extra $600, I will go with the second charging port.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah, I kinda suspected that they reserved Daytona Gray for the First Edition, (sheeeeeeet as Bjorn would say). I don't understand why the US doesn't have/get the option for the right hand charging port.....(sheeeeeet, again).
Old 02-05-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Toronto_Audi
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately Daytona Grey is not offered. We have a Daytona Grey Q7 and I agree it is a fantastic colour. As I toggle back and forth between having the contrasting lower body color and not, I think it is a much cleaner look without. Also, if I do go with Typhoon Grey, then the contrast barely shows up. I'm coming to the conclusion as I look at various combinations that the contrasting lower body really only works on the white, blue and Siam beige. For an extra $600, I will go with the second charging port.
IMO, unless your home parking situation requires it, you'll get little use out of the offside charge port. Mostly for European city street AC charging. I'm glad they aren't offering it in the states cause I would probably order it just in case and then never use it. If it was DC too, then totally worth it.

I do wish we had the contrasting lowers though. I'd like to break out of my silver/gray/black cycle with Antigua Blue or Siam Beige, but both really require the contrast of the Manhattan lowers/arches. I've seen Typhoon on an e-tron and it was stunning in person and works very well with the grille accents.

Last edited by LavaGrau_A3; 02-06-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone know what the difference (for Canadian Build) is between PDR and PDQ the descriptions seems basically the same to me.... they are even the same price. Once delete the heating steering wheel is all I figure out currently....

thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don’t recognize the PDR and PDQ initials, but I’m guessing you’re referring to the Adaptive Cruise Assist Package and the Driver Assistant Package — both for $2,800. I was puzzled by the difference as well. The best I’ve been able to figure out is that the first one has a 4 spoke wheel with hands on detection (which I guess is some kind of safety feature to make sure you’re paying attention to driving). The second package has only a 3 spoke wheel, no hands on detection, but you do get a heated steering wheel. If I’m right, I’d rather have a heated steering wheel over a hands on detection device. Next time I speak to my salesman, I’ll ask him if he knows.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes those

are exactly the two feature bundles I was talkin about.... I have attached the order sheet for it.... I suspect you needs the hands on detection fo rthe self driving stuff to work, but more details are needed for me to make a decision on this. The online config tool is not perfect. It doesn't show the proper trip when changing packages and stuff, it appears anyways... Thinks like the inside trim in one photo is "whitish" wood and another its black, but doesn't seem to let me select it. The chrome bling on the outside is pictured in the photos, but somewhere on the build sheet it says
"Anodized roof rails
High-Gloss Package"

and interior is says

"Black glass operating buttons with haptic
feedback and extended aluminum look
Matte brushed aluminum inlays"

guess I'm not 100% clear what I'm getting and the little "I" for info is very vague at pretty much every place they offer it.....

I have a call into my dealer also to explain this, I thought maybe someone already figured it out... If I learn what it is I will post the answer here.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
IMO, unless your home parking situation requires it, you'll get little use out of the offside charge port. Mostly for European city street AC charging. I'm glad they aren't offering it in the states cause I would probably order it just in case and then never use it. If it was DC too, then totally worth it.

I do wish we had the contrasting lowers though. I'd like to break out of my silver/gray/black cycle with Antiqua Blue or Siam Beige, but both really require the contrast of the Manhattan lowers/arches. I've seen Typhoon on an e-tron and it was stunning in person and works very well with the grille accents.

Thanks LavaGrau for the picture. The Typhoon Grey does seem to work well with the grill in terms of they’re all the same shade — sort of a monochromatic look. I’m going to the Toronto Auto show and hope to see a few different colours. I would really like to see the Siam Beige in person. In videos, it looks like a cream colour. In photographs, including the online configuration, it looks almost grey. Like you, my last 5 cars have been either grey or silver. Sounds like a rut.