AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   Cap Cost, Residual Percentage and Money Factor (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/cap-cost-residual-percentage-money-factor-2970461/)

1st Audi Owner 04-12-2019 01:11 AM

Cap Cost, Residual Percentage and Money Factor

My dealer yesterday emailed me the initial residual and money factor (as he understands them to be) for a low-mileage lease of a Prestige model e-tron. Although he did not note the length of the lease, for the purpose of my calculations I used 36 months. I also used $7,500 as the Federal tax credit which I deducted in full from the MSRP to arrive at net capitalized cost. He cautioned that these numbers are "for this months (sic) programs. Programs and incentives will change next month." The residual percentage he quoted is 52% and the money factor is 0.00270 (the equivalent of a new car APR of 6.4800 percent). I used the lease calculator suggested by one of our fellow forum members that can be found at: http://autCalculator.asp?Calc=Compare-Lease-Payments.o.bizcalcs.com/. Two additional constant parameters used in my calculations are not including fees and charges in the lease calculations as I always pay them separately and the use of my local sales tax of 8.75 percent.

DISCLAIMER: I tried my best to accurately enter the data into the lease calculator, however I cannot guarantee that I did not make mistakes. So, please independently verify for yourself that my calculations are correct. Also, I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the calculator itself, although I have no reason to believe that it is not..

1. Without an additional deduction from MSRP by the dealer nor a down payment by lessee, the monthly lease payment is $1,363.28.
2. With an additional deduction from MSRP by EITHER the dealer OR lessee of $5,000, the monthly lease payment is $1,197.56
3. With an additional deduction from MSRP by BOTH the dealer AND lessee of $5,000 EACH, the monthly lease payment is $1,031.83
4. Without the deduction of the Federal tax credit and no reduction by either dealer or lessee, the monthly lease payment is $1,611.86

As e-trons are delivered. please share on this thread the actual numbers used in constructing your leases. Thank you.

DMcDnald 04-12-2019 03:56 AM

It's always nice to have numbers to think about prior to delivery. I think it is reasonable to expect $7500 off of net capitalized cost. I think it's optimistic to speculate that the deals would be willing to knock $5000 off MSRP, but time will tell. Perhaps if the e-Tron doesn't move as well as anticipated. This may take time as the e-Trons would need to pile up on dealer lots. I guess it will be interesting to see how quickly these EVs (Prestige, well optioned) that cost roughly $90K out the door actually sell.

1st Audi Owner 04-12-2019 05:15 AM

My apology. The link I used in my original post is either broken or for some other reason may not take you to the Lease Calculator I used. The following URL should get you there: http://auto.bizcalcs.com/Calculator....Lease-Payments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

jeffbtx 04-12-2019 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner (Post 25302441)
My apology. The link I used in my original post is either broken or for some other reason may not take you to the Lease Calculator I used. The following URL should get you there: Auto Lease Payment Comparison Calculator. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Your original post had two links - the second one (bizcalc) worked.

pkulak 04-12-2019 10:24 AM

For the residual percentage, it's pretty important to know the term.

1st Audi Owner 04-12-2019 11:10 AM

You are so right

Originally Posted by pkulak (Post 25302609)
For the residual percentage, it's pretty important to know the term.

You are so right. A longer lease term results in a smaller residual percentage --- a shorter lease term results in a larger residual percentage. I am so tired of chatting with the dealer that I decided on my own to use 36 months inasmuch as that length is the "sweet spot" for the length of auto leases.

DMcDnald 04-12-2019 12:46 PM

If I can get a respectable 36 month lease, 10K miles/year, I think that would be ideal. At the end of the lease, the technology will have advanced to the point where a replacement will be worth it. Maybe I'll be ready to buy at that point

robertsalem 04-12-2019 07:42 PM

As i mentioned earlier and posted the numbers, these horrible residual and mf numbers are non starters. A few ppl who are fans will buy theirs, then there will be a glut. 20k off will be realistic by summer. lease prices then will fall into the 800 to 900 range.

SYMAWD 04-12-2019 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by robertsalem (Post 25302826)
As i mentioned earlier and posted the numbers, these horrible residual and mf numbers are non starters. A few ppl who are fans will buy theirs, then there will be a glut. 20k off will be realistic by summer. lease prices then will fall into the 800 to 900 range.

But you can't lease a Tesla or Jaguar for that price. As "bad" as the Audi numbers are, they are in line with its competitors.

1st Audi Owner 04-13-2019 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by SYMAWD (Post 25302829)
But you can't lease a Tesla or Jaguar for that price. As "bad" as the Audi numbers are, they are in line with its competitors.

If you know, what are the cap cost, residual percentage and money factor for a low mileage, 36 month lease of an all electric I-pace? I believe that I have read that there are all sorts of incentives and rebates. Thank you.