AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   Cap Cost, Residual Percentage and Money Factor (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/cap-cost-residual-percentage-money-factor-2970461/)

ted99 04-13-2019 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner (Post 25302880)
If you know, what are the cap cost, residual percentage and money factor for a low mileage, 36 month lease of an all electric I-pace? I believe that I have read that there are all sorts of incentives and rebates. Thank you.

Didn't look at any lease deals, But one of the four Jag dealers in Houston is advertising an in-stock base, no options i-Pace at a $5K discount. With the TC, this brings the cost down to a number starting with "5". I had my first drive of an i-Pace when the cars first showed up in Houston about 6 mos ago. I consider it to be more of a "hot hatch", as compared to the swoopy crossover look of the e-Tron. The i-pace is a "personal" car IMO.

LavaGrau_A3 04-13-2019 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by robertsalem (Post 25302826)
As i mentioned earlier and posted the numbers, these horrible residual and mf numbers are non starters. A few ppl who are fans will buy theirs, then there will be a glut. 20k off will be realistic by summer. lease prices then will fall into the 800 to 900 range.

I just cancelled my reservation based on your prediction of 20k off. Hope you're right! With the tax credit that will bring my cost down to $60,000! :rolleyes:

DMcDnald 04-13-2019 12:04 PM

This sounds extremely optimistic. I can't imagine taking $20K off MSRP. I'll walk without an incentive, but 20K?

pkulak 04-13-2019 12:29 PM

I've already negotiated 1000 off MSRP, and that's fine with me. I don't feel like waiting around for the federal rebate to be cancelled, run out, etc.

robertsalem 04-13-2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by pkulak (Post 25303061)
I've already negotiated 1000 off MSRP, and that's fine with me. I don't feel like waiting around for the federal rebate to be cancelled, run out, etc.

Like I said, there will be early adopters, no matter what the cost. And that is great for them. I was excited for this car, but Audi is significantly behind the curve with only a 200 mile range. Yes, Teslas are expensive to lease also, but you get significant performance and better range. The Audi looks great, we are all probably audi fans to begin with, but really its performance is just meh and the lease prices are ridiculous. When BMW put out the i3 it was not a great competitor to other EVs and they had to subsidize the lease deals, they were under 200 a month. I am NOT comparing the etron to the i3, what i am comparing is how both products were short of tesla on performance numbers and range. To buy this car is the burning half the value when you drive it off the lot. Tech changes so fast. imagine the 2020 etron having a 300 mile range and what that would do to the value of your car! Leasing only way to go with this car but really expensive.

Aeroboiler 04-13-2019 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by robertsalem (Post 25303086)
Like I said, there will be early adopters, no matter what the cost. And that is great for them. I was excited for this car, but Audi is significantly behind the curve with only a 200 mile range. Yes, Teslas are expensive to lease also, but you get significant performance and better range. The Audi looks great, we are all probably audi fans to begin with, but really its performance is just meh and the lease prices are ridiculous. When BMW put out the i3 it was not a great competitor to other EVs and they had to subsidize the lease deals, they were under 200 a month. I am NOT comparing the etron to the i3, what i am comparing is how both products were short of tesla on performance numbers and range. To buy this car is the burning half the value when you drive it off the lot. Tech changes so fast. imagine the 2020 etron having a 300 mile range and what that would do to the value of your car! Leasing only way to go with this car but really expensive.

thanks for sharing the lease estimates! Very helpful. I am hopeful that with paying dealer invoice and the 7500 cap reduction i can be under 1000 per month for a 36 month 12k mile lease.

LavaGrau_A3 04-13-2019 03:07 PM

Like I said, there will be early adopters, no matter what the cost. And that is great for them. I was excited for this car, but Audi is significantly behind the curve with only a 200 mile range. Yes, Teslas are expensive to lease also, but you get significant performance and better range. The Audi looks great, we are all probably audi fans to begin with, but really its performance is just meh and the lease prices are ridiculous.

The lease terms could be better, but they are not unrealistic for a luxury vehicle. I'm also considering the Audi A7. Current rates on a 36/12k lease are .00132 and 50%. A7 Prestige MSRP is $88,940 for same equipment level. Less a $5000 discount, payment is $82/month less than e-tron. I only have to want the e-tron $2952 more. I think I do, but I certainly like the idea of an electric car that much more. If I can get the same $1000 discount pkulak did, I only have to like the e-tron $1764 more. I don't know how AFS works, but the quoted MF rates are the base rates, not the rate you might pay. So maybe a wash.

The range "issue" is a whole separate matter. I'm still trying to unemotionally analyze that. If I lease, any negative implications are Audi's problem, not mine. I just have to be concerned with whether the range meets my personal needs. It does.

High lease rates due to low residuals are a fact of life for luxury vehicles, ICE or BEV.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...ce8ad75459.png

dhkaufman 04-13-2019 03:36 PM

... Tech changes so fast. imagine the 2020 etron having a 300 mile range and what that would do to the value of your car! Leasing only way to go with this car but really expensive.

I'm having trouble with this part of the argument. If Audi knew how to build a 300-mile vehicle we would see it now. I think the 300-mile Taycan is going to look a lot like the 250-mile e-tron by the time it arrives: not the final numbers, maybe if you take the European cycle and squint you can get there...

If you want maximum range, go Tesla. Period. Rivian is still vaporware, the legacy car makers are playing catch-up and it will take a while.

If you don't want Tesla, or you want the kind of interior & build quality that normally goes with a $70K+ car, then you're going to make tradeoffs. Period. By the way, I've never noticed that Audi, Mercedes et al were leaders in MPG either. They're not in the business of selling efficiency.

When I look at the legacy car makers, GM stands out for what they accomplished with the Bolt - and their total failure (or disinterest) to follow through in the rest of their line. (Nissan is in the game with the Leaf, and equally as bad at following through.) Audi is at least making announcements and spending marketing dollars like the e-tron is the first of many BEVs. None of this affects the value of the e-tron; I don't expect Audi to push upgrades once the car is sold, so I can't be disappointed.

jeffbtx 04-13-2019 03:57 PM

So much angst over so many unknown - cap cost, residual, MF, status milestones (production v. leaving plant v. en-route), and range among some of the most talked about - I think I'm just going to have to be patient until some of the unknowns become known.

GiftCard 04-13-2019 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbtx (Post 25303123)
So much angst over so many unknown - cap cost, residual, MF, status milestones (production v. leaving plant v. en-route), and range among some of the most talked about - I think I'm just going to have to be patient until some of the unknowns become known.

And I will be patiently awaiting with you.