Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Charging Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony - It is difficult to discuss differences when one uses numerous different test. The "EPA" test is universally understood and applied. At the end of the day EPA did not have the same findings as the one private magazine you cited. EPA found 375 vs. 204. Regards.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think the range tests are done by each manufacturer individually following the specifications for the EPA test. In the end EPA probably reviews and approves these tests. So I would say that each manufacturer has some tolerance on how to conduct the test and how accurate it wants it to be.

The National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory (NVFEL) tests a portion of all new cars and trucks to confirm compliance with EPA’s exhaust emissions standards, and also to verify the accuracy of fuel economy test results submitted by each manufacturer.
Source: https://www.epa.gov/vehicle-and-fuel...liance-testing
Old 05-21-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by gabibistrita
I think the range tests are done by each manufacturer individually following the specifications for the EPA test. In the end EPA probably reviews and approves these tests. So I would say that each manufacturer has some tolerance on how to conduct the test and how accurate it wants it to be.

Source: https://www.epa.gov/vehicle-and-fuel...liance-testing
Also from the EPA site:

EPA Test Procedures for Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrids

3. EPA Confirmatory testing - Currently, EPA performs confirmatory testing on all new light-duty electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid vehicles at EPA's emission testing laboratory in Ann Arbor Michigan. If the manufacturer makes changes to an EV or PHEV that was previously tested at EPA, EPA will decide on a case- by-case basis whether additional EPA confirmatory testing is needed.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Top Gear recently did a range comparison of the etron, ipace, and model x: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big...-jaguar-i-pace

Spoiler: They all wound up with the same range. ~200 miles.
Giant grain of salt required. Reminded me of this: