AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   Countdown started ! (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/countdown-started-2965857/)

fideba 01-20-2019 11:42 AM

Countdown started !

After a (way too long) wait, I've finally decided, and signed the papers today ! Black with gray interior.
Took almost every option there is (city pack, business plus, pack technology, B&O, Pack Tour, DAB, phone box, ...).

Delivery scheduled mid April. Less than 3 months to go !!

AudiTK 01-20-2019 12:41 PM

Congrats, I hope you find time to share the rest of the process and your initial impressions after your etron arrives! In Canada, we have no idea when our orders will be delivered, they have not even asked us for our options yet.... your lucky for sure!

1st Audi Owner 01-20-2019 06:42 PM

My first forum -- easily confused

Even though I am an “old-timer,” this is my first ever forum, so I may be missing something in your post that would assuage my confusion. Perhaps you are in a country other than the U.S.-- where I am. I apologize in advance if I am off-base.

You began by stating that you finally decided and “signed the papers today.” I do not know to what papers you are referring. I am unaware of any papers that need to be signed as part of the reservation process.

It is great that you took almost every option. You must feel like the proverbial “kid in a candy shop.” Then, you listed them. I am not familiar with any of them—city pack, business plus, etc.

Finally, I am envious of your delivery date being scheduled for mid April; much sooner than anyone in the U.S. can expect.

It doesn’t matter where you live, I hope that you enjoy your new e-tron SUV in the best of health and happiness.

fideba 01-22-2019 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner (Post 25264644)
Even though I am an “old-timer,” this is my first ever forum, so I may be missing something in your post that would assuage my confusion. Perhaps you are in a country other than the U.S.-- where I am. I apologize in advance if I am off-base.

You began by stating that you finally decided and “signed the papers today.” I do not know to what papers you are referring. I am unaware of any papers that need to be signed as part of the reservation process.

It is great that you took almost every option. You must feel like the proverbial “kid in a candy shop.” Then, you listed them. I am not familiar with any of them—city pack, business plus, etc.

Finally, I am envious of your delivery date being scheduled for mid April; much sooner than anyone in the U.S. can expect.

It doesn’t matter where you live, I hope that you enjoy your new e-tron SUV in the best of health and happiness.

Hi,

Indeed, I live in Europe, where we had the opportunity to reserve a spot by paying 2000 euro in Q2 2018. As of January 15th, we could actually configure the car (not only, only through a dealer visit), and sign the purchase papers.
The way cars are sold here seems to be quite different compared to the US. As I understand, you guys often have a choice between 3 or 4 "trims", which includes quite some options. Out here, we start with the base model, and then indeed have a huge "candy store" of things we can add. We do have what they call "packs", which basically is a combination of options, with some discount. But next to that, lot's of other things can be added. Which I did :-)

Only thing I'm still not sure about is the color. My wife doesn't like black cars, I do. I've looked at Galaxy blue, but in real life, that's a very weird color, that changes from greenish to high blue to dark blue, depending on lighting. I basically only like the dark blue, so it's a no go.
I've now chosen black, but can still change that until the car goes into production.

fideba 01-22-2019 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by AudiTK (Post 25264494)
Congrats, I hope you find time to share the rest of the process and your initial impressions after your etron arrives! In Canada, we have no idea when our orders will be delivered, they have not even asked us for our options yet.... your lucky for sure!

Rest assured, I will keep you guys informed !

1st Audi Owner 01-22-2019 10:04 AM

Thank you for your response. It was very informative. In the U.S. it appears that most features are included in the two trim levels of the e-tron. Therefore, we have fewer options to choose from. I wish night vision were one of them, but it is only available on the year one package.

In the right lighting, the blue is spectacular. But, you are spot-on with your observation that often a green undertone is apparent. I chose Typhoon Gray with the black interior. I have seen the black interior on a Q7 and Q8. In reality, it should be called "dark gray." It is not the black we are accustomed to; I do prefer this "black." I live in the desert of Southern California where a black car is almost as rare as rain. Here, it is just too difficult to keep clean.

Just my personal opinion--candidly, I believe that black does not show off the lines and highlights of the e-tron as well as a lighter color. But, the heck with anyone else's opinion--yours is the only one that matters.

fideba 01-22-2019 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner (Post 25265412)
Just my personal opinion--candidly, I believe that black does not show off the lines and highlights of the e-tron as well as a lighter color. But, the heck with anyone else's opinion--yours is the only one that matters.

Actually, my wife tends to disagree on that ;-)

1st Audi Owner 01-22-2019 10:23 AM

Oops.

Oops, I should have said everyone else's option except for a spouse. After all, we all know that "a happy wife is a happy life."

fideba 01-22-2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner (Post 25265434)
Oops, I should have said everyone else's option except for a spouse. After all, we all know that "a happy wife is a happy life."

:)

fideba 02-04-2019 11:57 AM

I've got a build date ! Car is leaving the factory on April 18th. Delivery expected end of April, early may (very frustrating, as I can actually see the factory from my workplace window :-))