Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Dollars, rates and residuals ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dollars, rates and residuals ...

Now that deliveries are getting near, what do we know about deals that are being made (if any) and Annual Percentage Rates (APR) on purchase financing and Money Factor and Residuals on leases? Has anyone inquired and gotten a response?
Old 03-26-2019, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

there are no programs for the vehicle yet
Old 03-26-2019, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm sorry, I may not have expressed myself clearly--common to aging, ex-Philadelphians. (LOL). I am not looking for a "program" as such, just some individual figures. Hoping that a dealer mentioned an anticipated residual percentage on a three-year lease, as an example. You are correct, thought, it might be too early even for that. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
I'm sorry, I may not have expressed myself clearly--common to aging, ex-Philadelphians. (LOL). I am not looking for a "program" as such, just some individual figures. Hoping that a dealer mentioned an anticipated residual percentage on a three-year lease, as an example. You are correct, thought, it might be too early even for that. Thanks.
no worries...current Philly area person

and, I'm a dealer too lol

unfortunately though, it's too early for programs right now - the first batch of vehicles in on the water, but that does not mean deliveries are necessarily imminent. All depends on the clearance process, which sometimes is quick, and other times is not.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I have never leased a car before, but I'm considering it for the e-tron just because it's an unknown and I don't know whether I'll want to keep it for more than 3 years.
I'm trying to figure out how lease payments work. Please tell me if this is in the ballpark for a 3 year lease:
I'm leaving out the interest payment and using round numbers for simplicity.
$85,000. sticker price for new e-tron
minus residual value of $44,200. (52% of sticker price after 3 years) = $40,800.
minus $25,000. trade-in of my current car equals $15,800.
add MA sales tax: $987.50= $16,787.50
minus Federal incentive $7,500.= $9,287.50
$9,287.50 paid over 36 months= $257.99 per month (again this does not include any interest payment)
Clearly that payment seems low. What am I missing other than the interest?
Old 04-02-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

With that much of a trade value, and using all that equity towards the new car (assuming nothing is owed; the merits or lack on that much of a cap cost reduction notwithstanding) your math is correct

Interest affects things significantly, and you'll have MA registration costs as well
Old 04-02-2019, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Lease calculator

I put together the attached Excel spreadsheet that works for me in calculating lease payments. The numbers in maroon are the variables. If the dealer passes the Federal Incentive on to you, it would be part of the "Dealer Capitalized Cost Reduction." "Money Factor" is the APR of the interest rate divided by 2400. I have tested this out many times, so I believe it is accurate. If it is not, I hope someone will point that out to me.
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Auto Lease Calculator.xls (21.5 KB, 49 views)
Old 04-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
With that much of a trade value, and using all that equity towards the new car (assuming nothing is owed; the merits or lack on that much of a cap cost reduction notwithstanding) your math is correct

Interest affects things significantly, and you'll have MA registration costs as well
So, given that I want to trade in my current car @ around $25,000 would I be better off just buying the e-tron? It would be nice to have some equity value in the e-tron down the road when I decide to trade it in, as opposed to having no equity at the end of the lease.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Regarding registration, dealer fees, etc., I prefer to write a separate check up front for these amounts. It has been my thinking not to finance these charges, which I what I would be doing if it were built into the lease. Why pay interest on the "drive-off" fees?
Old 04-02-2019, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
So, given that I want to trade in my current car @ around $25,000 would I be better off just buying the e-tron? It would be nice to have some equity value in the e-tron down the road when I decide to trade it in, as opposed to having no equity at the end of the lease.
This seems like a logical fallacy. Wouldn't you want cash in the bank more than equity in a depreciating asset?

Quick Reply: Dollars, rates and residuals ...