Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E tron Discounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E tron Discounts

Did anyone get any discounts on their e-tron order?

Would anyone like to share their quote price? I'm negotiating price now with the dealers in Oregon.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by orwei
Did anyone get any discounts on their e-tron order?

Would anyone like to share their quote price? I'm negotiating price now with the dealers in Oregon.
There is no price negotiations with dealers on the E-Tron, actually Audi already negotiated with the dealers to take a smaller markup on the E-Tron as Audi generates the sales leads.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I ordered my e-tron in mid-September and it locked on December 30, I've yet to have my dealer ask me to sign a sales contract, nor have we had any discussion on sales price. I've been sort of surprised they haven't broached the subject, but I'm letting it go for now.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

My dealer confirmed that the MSRP price on the AudiUSA order site will be my cost, plus tax and license.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by orwei
I'm negotiating price now with the dealers in Oregon.
How's it going? Are they entertaining offers?
Old 02-13-2019, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LRSIII
Although I ordered my e-tron in mid-September and it locked on December 30, I've yet to have my dealer ask me to sign a sales contract, nor have we had any discussion on sales price. I've been sort of surprised they haven't broached the subject, but I'm letting it go for now.

Your dealer might ask you for your payment plan about he time the car arrives in the USA... No reason to talk about it yet, as we are still several months away from deliveries in the USA...
Old 02-15-2019, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no need to discount this car. MSRP all day long.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark @ danbury Audi
There is no need to discount this car. MSRP all day long.
Although there might be some truth to this, saying it that way out loud is a middle finger to your customers, Mark at Danbury Audi. Assuming you are an employee, your customers may decide to repay the sentiment one day. What exactly have you done to earn a commission on this car? It's a sight unseen, no-stock, pre-order. Certainly less work than you typically need to do to sell a car. A little professionalism would go a long way.

Last edited by alexlear; 02-15-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by alexlear
Although there might be some truth to this, saying it that way out loud is a middle finger to your customers, Mark at Danbury Audi. Assuming you are an employee, your customers may decide to repay the sentiment one day. What exactly have you done to earn a commission on this car? It's a site unseen, no-stock, pre-order. Certainly less work than you typically need to do to sell a car. A little professionalism would go a long way.
In the modern car market, with these EV programs, most are not paying commission, the salesman just gets a per unit spiff, and some extra if they can sucker you out of your old car for less then it is worth. Asking for retail price is not putting the middle finger up at customers. Audi priced the E-tron right, so they should not have to discount for at least the first 18 mos or 2 years, after that you my see some lease deals that are attractive. Most of the deals in this market are going to be lease deals, which is a strength for Audi, because VW does it own financing. Audi will easily be able to out maneuver Jaguar, and Tesla in the leasing arena. .
Old 02-15-2019, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

My issue is with the way he chose to communicate this information. We can talk about supply and demand dictating price but his remark is off-putting to customers. The "all day long" part is where the professionalism breaks down. I don't expect to pay less than MSRP but that doesn't mean that I want to deal with a salesperson that is a jerk about it. I'm not interested in the sleezy used car sales experience when buying a new Audi.

Last edited by alexlear; 02-15-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: E tron Discounts