Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E tron Discounts

Old 02-19-2019, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-ETRON
and my buddy with his X 100D has already agreed to race me Sea, to Missoula and back, and video the entire thing, another friend wants to take her Model S 75D, now we just need to get a model 3 dual motor, and an I-Pace to go.
Really looking forward to this! The clear winner will be the e-tron if the additional chargers are added allowing you to "hammer it!" Otherwise, the X has a shot due to the supercharger locations. S 75D has an efficiency benefit but ultimately no shot. It will be fun to see how it all shakes out, though.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Honestly, the Audi looks like a better value in this apple meets orange comparo. Depends how you spec it, but nowhere near $30,000. In fact if you like red cars with silver wheels, white/cream interiors, and hate cars that drive themself, the difference is as low as $11540. Don't forget the overpriced options on the Tesla! I would rather the e-tron any day for build quality, luxury, quiet, space and versatility. I'll show my math.

While the 3 can drive about 85 miles further on a charge, the e-tron can charge 25% faster (actually 25% understates the advantage). I have spent 2 hours in a Model 3 on noisy/broken CA pavement. Not even close!

Old 02-19-2019, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlear
For someone that's decided they want an EV, there's really only a handful of options. There's literally only a few that sell in all 50 states (Telsa's, Bolt, Leaf, e-tron). There are some that say 50 state but not all dealers will support them. The cross shopping might be just very few options.

In defense of the Model 3, it is sporty, has advanced tech, and is $30,000 cheaper. I've never been interested in a sedan EV but not everyone needs an SUV or to tow trailers.
Model 3 is 30K cheaper? are you comparing the E-tron to the Model 3 mid range RWD? Even then after tax credit... ?
Old 02-19-2019, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, my last post was in the context of cross shopping e-tron and Model 3 with limited EV choices available in all 50 states. Some people may not have the base ~$70k for an e-tron (but may have the ~$40k for Model 3). I'm not trying to imply they are equivalent.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, my last post was in the context of cross shopping e-tron and Model 3 with limited EV choices available in all 50 states. Some people may not have the base ~$70k for an e-tron (but may have the ~$40k for Model 3). I'm not trying to imply they are equivalent.

Model 3 is not 40K even in base model, todays price is $44,400, man Tesla is so deceptive about pricing on their site... they do not even show the destination charge until you push order now.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Really looking forward to this! The clear winner will be the e-tron if the additional chargers are added allowing you to "hammer it!" Otherwise, the X has a shot due to the supercharger locations. S 75D has an efficiency benefit but ultimately no shot. It will be fun to see how it all shakes out, though.
Me too, this will be a fun race, but no-one will hammer it, we will adhere to the speed limits, and hopefully all stay together until the first time we pull off to charge. It will be fun to see how the different cars do. I think the Tesla S 75D has a chance to win if the driver has good strategy, this big question is can it make it to Ritzville for the first charge, if so it can certainly win.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tom-ETRON
Model 3 is not 40K even in base model, todays price is $44,400, man Tesla is so deceptive about pricing on their site... they do not even show the destination charge until you push order now.
I was just using rough numbers and including the tax credit to bring it to about $40k($40,650). Because I don't pay sales tax in Montana, I didn't factor that in but I can imagine that also would widen the price gap. My point just being, with so few EV options as of today, someone could consider the e-tron but ultimately go for the cheaper Tesla.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't the terms of the reservation sound like you can negotiate pricing?

You will still be required to contact an authorized Audi Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT DEALER SETS THE ACTUAL PRICE, WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MSRP. The MSRP does not include taxes, title, transportation, other options and other dealer fees and charges

Thanks.

JR
Old 04-24-2019, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to see this with V3

Here's an interesting plot that factors charge rate and efficiency by showing distance per charge time. I believe this data was compiled from the fastned data for all these cars. From the graph, you can see how I-pace compares to e-tron. Even if I-pace is more efficient, e-trons charging rate really shows off its superiority. Charge at 100kw charger, though, and I-pace would probably be slightly ahead. On the flip side, the Model 3 is so efficient, it makes up for a slower charge rate.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to be careful with math, you remove the tax credit after taxes, doing that negates the tax benefit in states like CA with 9.25% taxes

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
Honestly, the Audi looks like a better value in this apple meets orange comparo. Depends how you spec it, but nowhere near $30,000. In fact if you like red cars with silver wheels, white/cream interiors, and hate cars that drive themself, the difference is as low as $11540. Don't forget the overpriced options on the Tesla! I would rather the e-tron any day for build quality, luxury, quiet, space and versatility. I'll show my math.

While the 3 can drive about 85 miles further on a charge, the e-tron can charge 25% faster (actually 25% understates the advantage). I have spent 2 hours in a Model 3 on noisy/broken CA pavement. Not even close!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E tron Discounts