Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reserved 9/18/2018. Configuration locked 3/18/2019 as scheduled, and it just moved to "Gearing up for production" today. The dealer said I'm scheduled for production April 5th (this was about a week ago).

Mine will be a Premium Plus - just couldn't make the additional step to Prestige.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
Mine has finished production and my dealer was able to give me a VIN number. Expecting a boat in the next couple of weeks and maybe an April delivery!
Now that you have a VIN, have you tried to download an owner manual? It would be nice to see the owner manual well in advance of picking up the vehicle.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I dont remember the date of my reservation but it was a few days before they became “available” to the public. It didn’t hurt that i just ordered a RS5 so i think my dealer was happy to push me to the top.
Thanks for the info...but I doubt dealer had any influence in pushing you "to the top". It would be nice if they could do that but the reservations are with Audi not the dealer. It's getting exciting now that some folks will get deliveries soon. Look forward to your updates and pictures.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbtx
Thanks for the info...but I doubt dealer had any influence in pushing you "to the top". It would be nice if they could do that but the reservations are with Audi not the dealer. It's getting exciting now that some folks will get deliveries soon. Look forward to your updates and pictures.
Hey you ruined it... I was feeling special
Old 03-13-2019, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine has finished production and my dealer was able to give me a VIN number. Expecting a boat in the next couple of weeks and maybe an April delivery!
Maybe one of those ? I see them leaving the factory multiple times a day. Very frustrating :-)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Good to see the progress. I'm seriously thinking about leasing. Battery and EV technology is advancing quickly. In 3 years, who knows what will be available. As nice as the s-Tron SUV is I'm not sure I won't be tempted by new technology. Plus, if I buy and there significant advancements, the e-Tron may depreciate substantially. If Audi is willing to take the federal credit off the final price, a lease my be reasonable.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Was able to grab this link to the manual using my VIN, enjoy: https://webcat.lex-com.net/AudiBordb...be5/index.html
Old 03-13-2019, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by crunchybacon
Was able to grab this link to the manual using my VIN, enjoy: https://webcat.lex-com.net/AudiBordb...be5/index.html
The link timed out - can you try again. Or better yet, post it as a pdf if possible. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

holy crap, my order was locked march 8, was able to upgrade from Prestige to Edition One same day by calling audi, and looks like w/in the last few days it went to leaving factory!
Old 03-14-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DMcDnald
Good to see the progress. I'm seriously thinking about leasing. Battery and EV technology is advancing quickly. In 3 years, who knows what will be available. As nice as the s-Tron SUV is I'm not sure I won't be tempted by new technology. Plus, if I buy and there significant advancements, the e-Tron may depreciate substantially. If Audi is willing to take the federal credit off the final price, a lease my be reasonable.
I agree with your thinking. I think the e-Tron is a short term car, hence lease, or a keeper for a long time. There will be a lot of changes after 3 years: 800v charging, solid state batteries, dedicated EV platforms ie: skateboards--making resale in 3 years time a tough sell at historical Audi Q7 resale price points. I bought my BMW i3 at introduction in 2014, but wish I had leased. The big jumps in electric range, and BMW's highly incentivised leases shortly after introduction tanked my resale.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change