Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18 days in "gearing up" ordered on 9/18 roughly.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S7maybe
Prestige. I'm on the phone with Audi now trying to figure out what's going on. I know my dealer called me last week to ask if I wanted to switch to an Edition One. Not sure if that was because of a problem with my order.
My dealer offered me the same option. Must have offered it to everyone on their reservation list because their email began by stating that because I am a loyal customer, his manager authorized it. I got a chuckle from this because the e-tron will be my first Audi and my first ever experience with any Audi dealer. My guess–and it is only speculation–is that there have been Edition One cancellations. How else could an Edition One become available when the series is "sold–out?" There appears NOT to be any reason to infer a problem with your order from the unanticipated availability of an Edition One.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
My dealer offered me the same option. Must have offered it to everyone on their reservation list because their email began by stating that because I am a loyal customer, his manager authorized it. I got a chuckle from this because the e-tron will be my first Audi and my first ever experience with any Audi dealer. My guess–and it is only speculation–is that there have been Edition One cancellations. How else could an Edition One become available when the series is "sold–out?" There appears NOT to be any reason to infer a problem with your order from the unanticipated availability of an Edition One.
This will be my tenth Audi. I really wanted to switch into the Edition One. My dealer didn't call or email me, I had to call them after learning about it here. So there's the other side of the coin.

From what I learned from the GM at my dealer (grain of salt), these are 50/50 cancellations and conversions by people wanting the "build your own" option. So if you figure 5% cancel and 5% switch (low estimates), that's 100 cars to be reassigned. Sounds reasonable.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't understand "people wanting to build your own". Is this people wanting to give up their place in line and go to the back of the line to do a "do over"?
Old 03-23-2019, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ted99
I don't understand "people wanting to build your own". Is this people wanting to give up their place in line and go to the back of the line to do a "do over"?
I can't make sense of the production order. There are people that reserved late in 2018 for spec builds that are nearing production already, so an early switch would land you in good position. I can't recall if reserving an Edition One initially then opting for a spec build put you at the bottom or back in the order for spec builds. Either way, if you're not getting the car you want, definitely worth the wait.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Houston ship channel closed

I wonder if this will impact west coast delivery
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.com/amp/houston-ship-channel-closure-related-to-itc-fire/5212074/
Old 03-23-2019, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KA6_2.7T
I wonder if this will impact west coast delivery
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.c...-fire/5212074/
It could if the ship's arrival is delayed, but not for long. The middle section of the Ship Channel gets closed because of proximity to the burning storage tanks, which stops everything going farther up the Ship Channel. I believe the Auto unloading is toward the upper part of the Ship Channel so it's affected by the closures. This fire keeps flaring up after being "put out". The original burn was three days. The flare ups are dealt with more quickly. The latest flare up allowed a spill into the Ship Channel and that is the most problematic for closures. Timing is everything and Port of Houston has a big incentive to keep things moving. The storage terminal has a long record of violations. State of TX has a very poor record for inspection/enforcement. Transportation mode changes (ship to rail) have not been affected.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

^^Houston, we have a problem. Lots of them, actually. I was thinking of you all as I just heard about this on the radio. And remembering back to this time last year when my TTRS was sitting in Houston for 3 months. It would have been covered in soot today. Here’s hoping they clear it all up soon.

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
.. these are 50/50 cancellations and conversions by people wanting the "build your own" option..
It boggles my mind that Audi USA isn’t offering more options on cars worth $75k to $90k. Nuts.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

The e-tron Edition One that I reserved on September 15th is on the Glovis Condor which is currently in port in Antwerp Belgium. I will be following its progress as it makes its way to the US.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

It boggles my mind that Audi USA isn’t offering more options on cars worth $75k to $90k. Nuts.
[/QUOTE]
I agree. I cannot understand why Night Vision is standard on the Edition One, but is not even an available option on the Prestige. I am hoping that it is already installed in the Prestige and that someday Audi will offer to activate it for a fee, similar to the way Audi Connect is installed in every vehicle and can be activated for a fee..

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change