Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

E-tron order status change

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Old 03-14-2019, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DMcDnald View Post
Good to see the progress. I'm seriously thinking about leasing. Battery and EV technology is advancing quickly. In 3 years, who knows what will be available. As nice as the s-Tron SUV is I'm not sure I won't be tempted by new technology. Plus, if I buy and there significant advancements, the e-Tron may depreciate substantially. If Audi is willing to take the federal credit off the final price, a lease my be reasonable.
My dealer confirmed that if you lease, the federal credit comes off the final price at the time of purchase. If you buy, you have to claim it when you file your taxes.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The GM at my dealer just called. He said I was first on their list of e-tron customers, and he had received a call from Audi telling him he could offer me an Edition One instead of the Galaxy Blue Prestige I ordered. Evidently, there are still Edition Ones available. I passed as I had ordered the Edition One sight unseen, and then changed it when I saw the configuration. Not a big fan of black and grey, especially out here in the Northwest. Apparently, all Edition Ones have now been produced and they're starting on the regular orders. He said my car should be here in May (Edition One would be here in April). He also said they would have a car to test drive in April.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S7maybe View Post
My dealer confirmed that if you lease, the federal credit comes off the final price at the time of purchase. If you buy, you have to claim it when you file your taxes.
That is very incorrect. As far as I'm aware, the federal tax credit only goes to the original purchaser; in this case, that is the leasing company. The tax credit is not valid for any 2nd hand purchase of a vehicle, including at the end of a lease. Not to mention, by the time the lease is up, the tax credit may be gone altogether.

Now, Audi's leasing company is under no obligation to give you any sort of rebate for the tax credit they receive when you lease from them, but it would be in poor taste to not do so (IMHO). However, what your dealer is telling you is flat out wrong.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
That is very incorrect. As far as I'm aware, the federal tax credit only goes to the original purchaser; in this case, that is the leasing company. The tax credit is not valid for any 2nd hand purchase of a vehicle, including at the end of a lease. Not to mention, by the time the lease is up, the tax credit may be gone altogether.

Now, Audi's leasing company is under no obligation to give you any sort of rebate for the tax credit they receive when you lease from them, but it would be in poor taste to not do so (IMHO). However, what your dealer is telling you is flat out wrong.
I think what S7maybe means, is that the Federal credit comes off the price at the time of the lease. So if the price of the car is $87,500, the lease would be based on a cost of $80,000. But I've never leased so I don't know for sure how that works.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by crunchybacon View Post
Was able to grab this link to the manual using my VIN, enjoy: https://webcat.lex-com.net/AudiBordb...be5/index.html
Can you post any relevant sections where they advise on daily change limit %?
Old 03-14-2019, 02:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver View Post
I think what S7maybe means, is that the Federal credit comes off the price at the time of the lease. So if the price of the car is $87,500, the lease would be based on a cost of $80,000. But I've never leased so I don't know for sure how that works.
Hopefully so. The more I reread S7maybe's post, the more confused I become. Perhaps it's just me though...
Old 03-14-2019, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hopefully so. The more I reread S7maybe's post, the more confused I become. Perhaps it's just me though...
I believe that with a lease, the Federal tax credit is paid to the vehicle purchaser, which in a lease is the leasing company as the leasing company is the purchaser of the vehicle from the manufacturer. Then, with the credit in hand, the leasing company, if it wants to be generous, can share some or all of the Federal tax credit with the lessee in the form of a reduction to the capitalized (cap) cost of the vehicle.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner View Post
I believe that with a lease, the Federal tax credit is paid to the vehicle purchaser, which in a lease is the leasing company as the leasing company is the purchaser of the vehicle from the manufacturer. Then, with the credit in hand, the leasing company, if it wants to be generous, can share some or all of the Federal tax credit with the lessee in the form of a reduction to the capitalized (cap) cost of the vehicle.
I believe this is right. I understand that people who leased A3 e-Trons had the tax credit subtracted from the cost of the vehicle. That's why I'm hoping they'll do the same with the e-Tron. We'll find out soon.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm trying to get the dealer to clarify. I just left him a message. What I was told was that the credit would be passed through from AFS to the buyer. I'm not sure if he based this on A3 E-tron leases, or if he already knows for a fact that it will be the case on the E-tron. I'll update everyone once I hear back.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

It seems unlikely that AFS could pass on the Tax Credit to a customer as they wouldn't have any knowledge if that customer has enough tax liability to use it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E-tron order status change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: