Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

E-tron order status change

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Old 03-15-2019, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LessCode MoreBeer View Post
holy crap, my order was locked march 8, was able to upgrade from Prestige to Edition One same day by calling audi, and looks like w/in the last few days it went to leaving factory!
Thanks for this post! Gotta love forums. After I read it, I called the GM at my dealer and he just called to confirm I'm in an Edition One. Sweet.

I reserved Sept 16 and didn't go for the Edition One cause there were no details and too early delivery for my current lease return. Now the spec and dates are perfect.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3 View Post
Thanks for this post! Gotta love forums. After I read it, I called the GM at my dealer and he just called to confirm I'm in an Edition One. Sweet.

I reserved Sept 16 and didn't go for the Edition One cause there were no details and too early delivery for my current lease return. Now the spec and dates are perfect.
If I may ask, whats the main reason for you guys to pick Edition One vs Prestige with options?

Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lapi View Post
If I may ask, whats the main reason for you guys to pick Edition One vs Prestige with options?
I'm not him but a few reasons I would:

Interior - Grey Wood Inlays instead of the brown look much better to me. This cannot be changed for regular orders.
Exterior Color: I don't personally care about Daytona Grey but others might.
Wheels: Bigger Aero wheels look kinda cool.
Availability: These come first and likely will hold any small resale advantage over regular e-trons.
Misc: Night Vision - I don't care about this but someone might. Can't configure this as well.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A4rooster View Post
It seems unlikely that AFS could pass on the Tax Credit to a customer as they wouldn't have any knowledge if that customer has enough tax liability to use it?
If AFS is leasing the car to a lessor, AFS is the "purchaser" and gets the tax credit. The lessor is invisible in this, and It's AFS that has to have enough tax liability to benefit from the tax credit. It is not refundable. AFS "can" decide to pass all, or some of this tax credit to the lessor as a credit to the transaction price. I will tell you that BMW passes on about half of this amount to a lessor as an "incentive", unless it's an i3 or an i8, where it's 100%. Other posts on this forum have advised that AFS has passed on all of the tax credit AMOUNT in the past as a credit on the transaction price. No one has done a lease of the e-Tron, yet, so there is no definitive info on what AFS will do for the e-Tron tax credit amount. Note that I have been careful with the terminology. Since a lease is not a purchase, it's not a purchase price but a transaction amount. The tax credit goes to the first purchaser. If you are leasing, that's not you and you DON'T get any tax credit. AFS may pass the AMOUNT of the tax credit to the lessor as a credit on the transaction amount, so it doesn't matter what the lessor's tax situation is--it's money in the pocket.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Reliantg View Post
I'm not him but a few reasons I would:

Interior - Grey Wood Inlays instead of the brown look much better to me. This cannot be changed for regular orders.
Exterior Color: I don't personally care about Daytona Grey but others might.
Wheels: Bigger Aero wheels look kinda cool.
Availability: These come first and likely will hold any small resale advantage over regular e-trons.
Misc: Night Vision - I don't care about this but someone might. Can't configure this as well.
Nailed it. Plus black headliner available with black leather. Plus I've got to return my current lease and would rather have 2 cars than none.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4rooster View Post
It seems unlikely that AFS could pass on the Tax Credit to a customer as they wouldn't have any knowledge if that customer has enough tax liability to use it?
I spoke to my dealer again. He stated that every single A3 E-tron lease had AFS returning the $4,500 credit to the customer as a cap cost reduction. He also confirmed that AFS will do the same with $7,500 E-tron credit. I'll try to confirm with AFS directly. To answer your question, I guess if it is passed on as a cap cost reduction, it no longer matter what your tax liability is. It's as if you negotiated a $7,500 discount on your car. My dealer is Audi Tacoma, outside Seattle.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
If AFS is leasing the car to a lessor, AFS is the "purchaser" and gets the tax credit. The lessor is invisible in this, and It's AFS that has to have enough tax liability to benefit from the tax credit. It is not refundable. AFS "can" decide to pass all, or some of this tax credit to the lessor as a credit to the transaction price. I will tell you that BMW passes on about half of this amount to a lessor as an "incentive", unless it's an i3 or an i8, where it's 100%. Other posts on this forum have advised that AFS has passed on all of the tax credit AMOUNT in the past as a credit on the transaction price. No one has done a lease of the e-Tron, yet, so there is no definitive info on what AFS will do for the e-Tron tax credit amount. Note that I have been careful with the terminology. Since a lease is not a purchase, it's not a purchase price but a transaction amount. The tax credit goes to the first purchaser. If you are leasing, that's not you and you DON'T get any tax credit. AFS may pass the AMOUNT of the tax credit to the lessor as a credit on the transaction amount, so it doesn't matter what the lessor's tax situation is--it's money in the pocket.
Bingo! See my latest post after another conversation with my dealer.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default To clarify the terminology --

LESSOR is the entity leasing the property TO another -- LESSEE is the one leasing the property FROM another (you and me).
Old 03-15-2019, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Better said this way

LESSOR (AFS) is the entity leasing the property TO another -- LESSEE (YOU and ME) are the ones leasing the property FROM another.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner View Post
LESSOR (AFS) is the entity leasing the property TO another -- LESSEE (YOU and ME) are the ones leasing the property FROM another.
We get it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E-tron order status change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: