Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
LESSOR (AFS) is the entity leasing the property TO another -- LESSEE (YOU and ME) are the ones leasing the property FROM another.
Oops
Old 03-18-2019, 12:18 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Photonix
I am located in located in MA, USA and ordered a Galaxy Blue Prestige (21" wheels, towing package). Reservation date: 9/15. Lock date of 3/8. MyAudi still at config locked state but a call to Audi support confirmed a 4/5 scheduled build date. I reserved within minutes of the early reservation notification e-mail and my dealer tells me I am #1 on their list.

I have a BMW i3 (charge port right rear) now and am trying to decide if I need to reposition my garage charger. I have seen a few videos suggesting that US E-trons will only have a single charge port (left front) rather than both sides as is the case for European models. Does anyone know the answer to this?
I also locked on 3/8. My reservation online currently (as of 3/18) says "gearing up for production". I called my dealer and they also gave me a 4/5 build date. My dealer is Westwood Audi (Massachusetts), and I have a Galaxy Blue Prestige on order as well. Maybe I'll see you on the road!
Old 03-18-2019, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm in the Boston area, also. Were you at the e-Tron viewing at Westwood Audi? It was a pretty good time with lots of food and drink. I ordered a Galaxy Blue Prestige also. I'm getting the 19 inch aero wheels, though. I placed my order Dec 1. My build locks end of March. I'm targeting a Fall delivery, since my BMW lease is up in Oct.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. That makes three of us with Galaxy Blue in the Boston area. I see a meetup in our future.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe

Interesting. I was at my dealer’s launch event a few days ago, and the two U.S. spec cars they had there had the ports on both sides. I had also read that we would only get them on the driver side. I asked and was told that we will get them on both sides.
Would have been handy for free, but the passenger side port is a $500+ option in Germany. I'm not so sure it's being offered as a convenience for home charging: In Europe, street side charging is much more common and plugging in driver side would have been awkward and even dangerous. Not really a thing in the US.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
I also locked on 3/8. My reservation online currently (as of 3/18) says "gearing up for production". I called my dealer and they also gave me a 4/5 build date. My dealer is Westwood Audi (Massachusetts), and I have a Galaxy Blue Prestige on order as well. Maybe I'll see you on the road!
I have also reserved one at the end of December - lock date end of March -with Audi Westwood as the dealer. I was not at the Audi showing but I did drive one for about 1h in Munich last month.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't realize AFS would pass the 7500 through as a cap reduction. that is HUGE. I will now consider leasing. I usually like to lease one and buy one and I just bought my RS5 so didnt want to have to buy 2 cars if there was a good way around leaving $7500 on the table. My state gives a smaller deduction but probably not enough to push me over the line like the FED rebate.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

PS still just in "leaving factory" for the last week or so. Hoping to get on a boat soon! lets go Audi!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Many Edition One units are on boats as of some time between the 4th and 7th of March, heading for the US.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
I didn't realize AFS would pass the 7500 through as a cap reduction. that is HUGE. I will now consider leasing. I usually like to lease one and buy one and I just bought my RS5 so didnt want to have to buy 2 cars if there was a good way around leaving $7500 on the table. My state gives a smaller deduction but probably not enough to push me over the line like the FED rebate.
In addition to the $7500 fed credit, Massachusetts offers $2500 credit. I wonder if it's too much to hope for that a full $10000 could be removed from the MSRP for leasing.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change