Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Old 03-21-2019, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine just got enroute as well
Old 03-21-2019, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robertsalem
I'm officially on the Hoegh Bangkok. Headed to Davisville on March 24. The boats stop there first for east coast deliveries and then travel to Houston for Midwest centers. Expected in houston first week of April. If no holds I'm expecting delivery around April 15, of course that depends on Audi, which is one of the worst logistics companies out there( did anyone else get that email about it taking 2 months to cross the atlantic from Audi?). Looking for ward to the arrival, Edition One.
Are we not also waiting for some official approval (EPA, etc.?.) before Audi can deliver any of these cars?
Old 03-21-2019, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbtx
Are we not also waiting for some official approval (EPA, etc.?.) before Audi can deliver any of these cars?
I posed this question further up in the thread. EPA is just one of the regulatory hurdles. A lot of unknowns here to think these cars will move quickly through port and to the dealers. I'm prepared for anything, but betting they'll be port quarantined for some not inconsequential amount of time while Audi gets the US distribution side of things in order.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
I posed this question further up in the thread. EPA is just one of the regulatory hurdles. A lot of unknowns here to think these cars will move quickly through port and to the dealers. I'm prepared for anything, but betting they'll be port quarantined for some not inconsequential amount of time while Audi gets the US distribution side of things in order.
I heard to expect them available to customers at the end of April or early May.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm officially on the Hoegh Bangkok. Headed to Davisville on March 24. The boats stop there first for east coast deliveries and then travel to Houston for Midwest centers. Expected in houston first week of April. If no holds I'm expecting delivery around April 15, of course that depends on Audi, which is one of the worst logistics companies out there( did anyone else get that email about it taking 2 months to cross the atlantic from Audi?). Looking for ward to the arrival, Edition One.
My dealer, Central Audi of Houston, has said they are expecting their demo car in April. It's probably on that ship.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you get the boat name? I called the e-tron line on the Audi USA site and she couldn't give me any info other that "Q2" even though my car is en route.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reliantg
How did you get the boat name? I called the e-tron line on the Audi USA site and she couldn't give me any info other that "Q2" even though my car is en route.
the sales manager.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Reliantg
Your Audi dealer will have access to the name of the vessel once it is on the water for a few days. Some sales managers will simply tell you that the information is unavailable while others will happily provide you with the name. Just like some people think that tracking a car carrier vessel to its final destination is nutty, other people may think it is fun and a good way to pass the time waiting.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just checked, also En Route! Yay! Ill be east coast delivery so maybe a week or two earlier than i originally planned.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change